Killer freak show blends

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:20 am
Citizen B wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:13 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:33 pm
LJ Peretti’s No Name. What else can be said? The finest Aromatic blend ever produced. Besides overly floral, theres mint in there that comes through after the bowl or on the back end of the smoke. And underneath all the flavorings, you get this tremendous Burley. And it all shines through together. I smoked 4 bowls of this back-to-back over Zoom. Frieght training. Absolutely no bite, no harshness. Just tremendous flavor.
Are you going to try some of this stuff that Ruff is selling. I forget what it is and I don't want to scroll back. Blue Velvet or whatever it is? The one I am interested in. Are you interested in that? I think it sounds good.

Are you going to buy some?
I will probably throw some in my next order. I’m all about the weird stuff.
Will you buy an extra ounce and send it to me? I don't feel like dealing with this. I will pay you for it. I've got something good to trade. I am looking at it now. It is really good. I would offer money but this is even better.

It will give us something to talk about.

I want to try this blend. It sounds like whipped cream and other delights.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:14 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:20 am
Citizen B wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:13 pm

Are you going to try some of this stuff that Ruff is selling. I forget what it is and I don't want to scroll back. Blue Velvet or whatever it is? The one I am interested in. Are you interested in that? I think it sounds good.

Are you going to buy some?
I will probably throw some in my next order. I’m all about the weird stuff.
Will you buy an extra ounce and send it to me? I don't feel like dealing with this. I will pay you for it. I've got something good to trade. I am looking at it now. It is really good. I would offer money but this is even better.

It will give us something to talk about.

I want to try this blend. It sounds like whipped cream and other delights.
I’ll order some in bulk and shoot it over to ya. No strings attached
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Wow, check out this old review on SmokingPipes from @Ruffinogold on Blue Note

Any memory of writing this?

The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:36 am I have tried to steer clear of really weird stuff, but I was in The Briary one day and Joe directed me to a tin of Robert McConnell Latakia Flake. It isn’t what I expected and several years later I still don’t know how to describe it. @Ruffinogold called it “the blend that shall not be mentioned” to keep it from catching on. It’s about the only the blend that I will buy when I see it even if I don’t think I need it.
That blend is off the chart amazing :thumbs: I remember you asking me what I thought about and all I could think of was it was a masterful blend .... its soooo good . Its as good as their scottsih cake but in a different direction
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:39 pm Wow, check out this old review on SmokingPipes from @Ruffinogold on Blue Note

Any memory of writing this?

Yeah , 11 years ago , lol . My son Nick absolutely loved it . I used to send him a pouch of it for some time but he got into vintage Velvet [ the bastid ] and I would scour the net for that . He and I burned some old Velvet , man , we really did . Its true about the flavor with any aromatic ... if you dig the flavor , youll more than likely be ok wit the blend . If not , its a no go . It does smoke cool

Yeah , I couldnt tell you what the flavor is other than to say its at the edge of my limits . Any more and i dont know
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:32 pm
No strings attached

You are a friend with benefits. :king:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:07 pm I guess the only killer freak show blend that I have on hand currently is Rattray's Orange Passion and I hate it. It's the only tobacco I ever owned that literally adheres to walls, furniture and anything within close proximity. The bag note is exciting at first but overall it's gooper central.
That is like smoking potpourri straight out of Michael's. I smoked a half bowl after paying $60 to get it out of Germany. Sent the rest along in a box pass.
Now Russ O's Candy Cane Cocoa is a blast, as is CBG.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:32 am
Tsal wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:07 pm I guess the only killer freak show blend that I have on hand currently is Rattray's Orange Passion and I hate it. It's the only tobacco I ever owned that literally adheres to walls, furniture and anything within close proximity. The bag note is exciting at first but overall it's gooper central.
That is like smoking potpourri straight out of Michael's. I smoked a half bowl after paying $60 to get it out of Germany. Sent the rest along in a box pass.
Now Russ O's Candy Cane Cocoa is a blast, as is CBG.
I forgot I had CBG! That too is a FS blend.
The Troll Whisperer
HSigurdsson

The only freak show blends I can think of are MacBaren Cube. I still have one of the Silver ones unopened.
And then WO Larsen in the blue tin.....I believe its called Signature blend. I had that years ago and liked it. Never bought another one but I did like it....for an atomatic.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I was thinking that if @Tsal doesn't like something, I will probably like it. I am not paying twenty bucks for this. https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobac ... _id/208565

What were those Margaritaville blends from a few years back? Key Lime was my favorite. Being a Super-Value man, I don't usually buy tins. I would buy a tin of that key lime tobacco. I must have burned through twenty of them.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.