New Lighter in town.

montag

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:39 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:53 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:42 am You just can’t beat a Zippo. $15 or less
Or a Bic for 99 cents.
When I began smoking a pipe I was a matches only guy. It was the ONLY way back then. That was fine when I smoked inside, but outside matches are useless.
Lighting a pipe with a match is never level old school. In a perfect world, I would light my pipe with a match all the time. One day, i’ll master the outdoor match lighting.
I just used matches tonight to light my pipe outside.

:lol:
HSigurdsson

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:39 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:53 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:42 am You just can’t beat a Zippo. $15 or less
Or a Bic for 99 cents.
When I began smoking a pipe I was a matches only guy. It was the ONLY way back then. That was fine when I smoked inside, but outside matches are useless.
Lighting a pipe with a match is never level old school. In a perfect world, I would light my pipe with a match all the time. One day, i’ll master the outdoor match lighting.
On some very still nights I can get away with using a match. When I bresk out a "better" pipe and an old blend that is in limited supply and no longer available, I will use matches and a tamper. Yep, I pull out all the stops.
Normally its a basket pipe with a C&D or MacB bulk a Bic and my finger. :)