Untried Blends

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:23 pm I don't understand why we're not talking about Capt. Black Watermelon.
Id load a bowl of it up and give it a try. I did like the grape.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Jlando19

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:52 pm This thread could be interesting , to me at least . There's so many blends I've tried over the years and so many more I haven't . What Id like t do is for us to post any blend of what we havent tried but think may be good or whatever . And if anyone has had it , they can respond with a good , meh or its shit response ... or whatever

Could I go to TR and read through all that bullshit .... yes I could but I know you guys and a majority of TR is bs to me and I have enough of a life to not want to waste it there

I haven't had much from the Sillems brand . One of theirs I'm curious about is the Musketeer blend

" Black Cavendish and cube cut Burley. A smooth blend with neutral flavor. " ....

Im assuming the black cavendish isnt flavored much at all and the cube burley is a medium body burley flavor . Something like that , to me , sounds interesting if done well Anyone have that and what do ya think ?

Savinelli Jupiter .... " Savinelli's Jupiter features a blend of white and dark Burleys, Red and Bright Virginias, and a touch of spicy, Dark-Fired Kentucky. This remarkable mixture is further enhanced by a delicate topping of dark rum and molasses for a sweet, nutty, and complex flavor profile. "

Damn , that could be nice

Anyone have this ?
I got to TR specifically to see if @Fr_Tom has reviewed a specific tobacco and I always skip right over Mr. Inks reviews. Not that they’re terrible or I don’t like the guy or anything like that. I just think if you’ve read one of his reviews you’ve read them all.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

https://www.pipesandcigars.com/product/ ... J1-TP.html

How about the Casey Jones? Thought about buying it.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

rlucas wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:12 pm https://www.pipesandcigars.com/product/ ... J1-TP.html

Heard good things. Solid Aromatics. Never tried it
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I get their beyond brave and enjoy it.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

rlucas wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:12 pm https://www.pipesandcigars.com/product/ ... J1-TP.html

Green river burley thats been steamed out into a black cavendish is really good . If its a Lane or Sutliff product [ ? ] , its gonna be good . Hell yeah , id try that one . I dont think Ive ever heard of it before
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I’ve always wanted to try the Exotic Orange that @Tsal likes.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Jlando19 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:30 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:52 pm This thread could be interesting , to me at least . There's so many blends I've tried over the years and so many more I haven't . What Id like t do is for us to post any blend of what we havent tried but think may be good or whatever . And if anyone has had it , they can respond with a good , meh or its shit response ... or whatever

Could I go to TR and read through all that bullshit .... yes I could but I know you guys and a majority of TR is bs to me and I have enough of a life to not want to waste it there

I haven't had much from the Sillems brand . One of theirs I'm curious about is the Musketeer blend

" Black Cavendish and cube cut Burley. A smooth blend with neutral flavor. " ....

Im assuming the black cavendish isnt flavored much at all and the cube burley is a medium body burley flavor . Something like that , to me , sounds interesting if done well Anyone have that and what do ya think ?

Savinelli Jupiter .... " Savinelli's Jupiter features a blend of white and dark Burleys, Red and Bright Virginias, and a touch of spicy, Dark-Fired Kentucky. This remarkable mixture is further enhanced by a delicate topping of dark rum and molasses for a sweet, nutty, and complex flavor profile. "

Damn , that could be nice

Anyone have this ?
I got to TR specifically to see if @Fr_Tom has reviewed a specific tobacco and I always skip right over Mr. Inks reviews. Not that they’re terrible or I don’t like the guy or anything like that. I just think if you’ve read one of his reviews you’ve read them all.
Thanks! TR may have jumped the shark really with the new "everything to everyone" format. I do not really find it as easy to use as it was before.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:33 am I’ve always wanted to try the Exotic Orange that @Tsal likes.
I'll send you some.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Captain Black Grape is really good, I like it, I have three cans.
The Troll Whisperer