Savinelli Linea Artisan Question

BlakeW1604

Hey gang. I hope this post finds you all well. I would love to know if any of you have info on the Savinelli Linea Artisan pipes. I've seen them on multiple retailer sites advertised as Savinelli Autograph Artisans. Does that mean they are a lesser included line of Autographs? I was under the impression that the Autographs were the highest grade of Savinelli made. Someone told me recently that the Artisans were the pipes made by the same Autograph artisans but weren't quite high enough quality to be Autographs...I don't know if there's truth to that. If anyone has information on these pipes it would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!
Blake
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I don’t know anything about them, but I’m sure someone does.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

How do the prices compare? That should point to the answer.
ever forward
HSigurdsson

I know the top Autograph pipes are like 0, 00, and 000.
Then they have numbered Autographs from like 8-1 going all the way down to sandblasted and rusticated pipes that are MUCH less expensive....like many hundreds less.
Then they have other series of Autograph pipes.
Like animals and other freehand shapes.
But they are all Autograph pipes with the "0" series being the absolute top.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Linea means line in Italian . Ive seen a few Linea pipes and they looked wonderful and had pretty damn exceptional grain . Im not sure if they are below Autographs . Savinelli has too many lines for me to keep up with and I know they have a few lines that start at 1k or more . I dont believe the Autographs are their " highest " grade and I would imagine the Lineas ae as good , at least the ones Ive seen but I honestly dont know if they are considered higher or lower than an autograph

Man , if you see one thats semi reasonable , Id say snag it ... but thats just me
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
HSigurdsson

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm Linea means line in Italian . Ive seen a few Linea pipes and they looked wonderful and had pretty damn exceptional grain . Im not sure if they are below Autographs . Savinelli has too many lines for me to keep up with and I know they have a few lines that start at 1k or more . I dont believe the Autographs are their " highest " grade and I would imagine the Lineas ae as good , at least the ones Ive seen but I honestly dont know if they are considered higher or lower than an autograph

Man , if you see one thats semi reasonable , Id say snag it ... but thats just me
The 000 Autographs are Savinellis highest grade, currently around $1200- $1700 new.
The next down is 00, then 0 grade. These three grades are all large, straight grain pipes with few if any blemishes.
After that they have many series including the Artisan which have several "lines" and grades. They are much less expensive, currently about $270.
Then they have other series under the Autograph name, like, Creativity, Freestyle....
But, according to their website, they are all Autographs.
I dont believe they used to be like this.
Back when I was buying pipes a decade ago, the Autograph was just the 0, 00, 000 grades and all were big straight grain pipes with a very light honey colored finish.
But according to their website, that has changed, they even have Autographs shaped like animals. :)
https://www.savinelli.it/it_en/le-nostr ... ivity.html

https://www.savinelli.it/it_en/pipes/fr ... prime.html
BlakeW1604

Thanks for all the info. Looking at the prices, it looks like the individually carved Sigla line starts in the 150s, the Artisans (also individually hand carved by the in-house artisans) start in the 170s, and the Autographs are upper 200s to lower 300s (entry level). That's from several retailers but mainly smoking pipes. The Siglas and Artisans look like amazing value compared to the Autographs (brand new) if you're looking for something handmade by the in-house Savinelli artisans. For my money, estate pipes would be the absolute best bang for your buck. Cheers!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm Linea means line in Italian . Ive seen a few Linea pipes and they looked wonderful and had pretty damn exceptional grain . Im not sure if they are below Autographs . Savinelli has too many lines for me to keep up with and I know they have a few lines that start at 1k or more . I dont believe the Autographs are their " highest " grade and I would imagine the Lineas ae as good , at least the ones Ive seen but I honestly dont know if they are considered higher or lower than an autograph

The 000 Autographs are Savinellis highest grade, currently around $1200- $1700 new.
The next down is 00, then 0 grade. These three grades are all large, straight grain pipes with few if any blemishes.
After that they have many series including the Artisan which have several "lines" and grades. They are much less expensive, currently about $270.
Then they have other series under the Autograph name, like, Creativity, Freestyle....
But, according to their website, they are all Autographs.
I dont believe they used to be like this.
Back when I was buying pipes a decade ago, the Autograph was just the 0, 00, 000 grades and all were big straight grain pipes with a very light honey colored finish.
But according to their website, that has changed, they even have Autographs shaped like animals. :)
https://www.savinelli.it/it_en/le-nostr ... ivity.html

https://www.savinelli.it/it_en/pipes/fr ... prime.html
Ah , I see how they do it now . They have lines within the autograph , like Mister A , Prime , Freestyle , creativity etc ... those are all under the autograph name and the 0000 stuff is what grades them . Man , they are expensive and really super nice . I thought these were not autographs but their own thing ... cool :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.