Perspex [ acrylic ] is superior ...

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:04 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:16 pm

Hmmm ... all that bone dry hot stuff youre into ... vulcanite might deaden it a bit for ya :lol:

Im actually smoking a Russ O blend and am actually enjoy it . Sue , its a little thin and a touch warm , like all the H&H stuf .... but the flavoring is superb
I enjoy Russ’s Blends. Firestorm is very good. I liked his aromatics before when you didn’t have to “blend your own”
what , it comes separate ?
This is what they did to combat the possible regulations a few years ago:

“ Due to recent regulations, this blend is now only available as a Pre-Built Blend Kit for you to become a master blender right in your own home. Each kit, once blended, will produce 16oz of Russ' Candy Cane Cocoa. “
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
HSigurdsson

This thread has given me some gumption to MAYBE clean some of my Vulcanite stems. By clean I mean get them from brown to black, they are CLEAN, just oxidized. :)
I will absolutely do a few of my daily smoker basket pipes, but I have probably.... oh.....80+ Vulcanite stemmed pipes and half of those are brown. It really doesn't bother me, or anyone around me, but, sinse all my guns are clean, im jonesing for something to rub clean. Orrrrrr, I could just go fire a bunch of guns so I can rub them........
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

HSigurdsson wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:35 pm This thread has given me some gumption to MAYBE clean some of my Vulcanite stems. By clean I mean get them from brown to black, they are CLEAN, just oxidized. :)
I will absolutely do a few of my daily smoker basket pipes, but I have probably.... oh.....80+ Vulcanite stemmed pipes and half of those are brown. It really doesn't bother me, or anyone around me, but, sinse all my guns are clean, im jonesing for something to rub clean. Orrrrrr, I could just go fire a bunch of guns so I can rub them........
The small stems need just as much love as the bigguns ;)
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:11 pm .. Just saying

Its smoother by far . Only a touch harder than vulcanite ... and ... it wont Sulphur out on you . Its superior and I dont know why people bother with vulcanite , other than for traditions sake .I mean , we dont use lead paint anymore or steam engines

Im sitting here smoking a wonderful Savinelli Tevere bent blast and the stem looks like new and feels perfect . The pipe is 10 years old or a little more

Acrylic is superior .... imho
I agree. The clear Perspex is great for teaching you about the damage you cause by cleaning a Perspex stem with Everclear.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:11 pm .. Just saying

Its smoother by far . Only a touch harder than vulcanite ... and ... it wont Sulphur out on you . Its superior and I dont know why people bother with vulcanite , other than for traditions sake .I mean , we dont use lead paint anymore or steam engines

Im sitting here smoking a wonderful Savinelli Tevere bent blast and the stem looks like new and feels perfect . The pipe is 10 years old or a little more

Acrylic is superior .... imho
I agree. The clear Perspex is great for teaching you about the damage you cause by cleaning a Perspex stem with Everclear.
Amen
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:00 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am

I enjoy Russ’s Blends. Firestorm is very good. I liked his aromatics before when you didn’t have to “blend your own”

“ Due to recent regulations, this blend is now only available as a Pre-Built Blend Kit for you to become a master blender right in your own home. Each kit, once blended, will produce 16oz of Russ' Candy Cane Cocoa. “
You buy into that " new regulation " bs ? Think of how long thats been going on , apparently , and think of all the new blends that have hit the market during the time its cropped up . Hell , there not just new blends , theres new brands ... and a crap ton of them . Better to be cautious but holy shit man , 30k a pop for a new blend and theres a crap ton of new stuff ... I dont buy it . It would vave to be policed and I cant see it happening ... however , with this administration , I wouldn't put it past them , except that sleepy joe probably forgot , so no worries
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:57 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:00 pm

You buy into that " new regulation " bs ? Think of how long thats been going on , apparently , and think of all the new blends that have hit the market during the time its cropped up . Hell , there not just new blends , theres new brands ... and a crap ton of them . Better to be cautious but holy shit man , 30k a pop for a new blend and theres a crap ton of new stuff ... I dont buy it . It would vave to be policed and I cant see it happening ... however , with this administration , I wouldn't put it past them , except that sleepy joe probably forgot , so no worries
Brandon isn't in charge and the bureaucracy never sleeps.
God and Texas!