What are you smoking? May 2024

montag

Last smoke of the day. Cornell & Diehl Engine #99 Tobacco In an Ashton. First time I’ve had this one, not bad.
Silver
Certified Codger

We were with Sis and BIL tonight. Had a couple bowls (Paradoxical, Scottish Cake and Friar's Bayou Cake) in pipes that have been neglected. I'll finish the night with a bowl of Haunted Bookshop in the Saturday cob.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in the ziptie Silver Duke pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Epiphany in a bored-out Rob Roy

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

MBGE / Cob / Coffee

Today is kinda special . At 2 pm Im havng a zoom call with some of my favorite pipe shop customers from back in the day .. Randy Wiley , Chuck Stanion and my buddy Carl . The 4 of us havent been together at the same time since 1998 . I just wish we could have gotten ahold of Brad , because brad was a staple customer who brought a lot of good mojo to the shop . I miss Brad a lot but maybe we'll luck out and we can get ahold of him before the call

I cant tell you how glad I am that we're all still on the planet because not even pipe smokers last forever
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am MBGE / Cob / Coffee

Today is kinda special . At 2 pm Im havng a zoom call with some of my favorite pipe shop customers from back in the day .. Randy Wiley , Chuck Stanion and my buddy Carl . The 4 of us havent been together at the same time since 1998 . I just wish we could have gotten ahold of Brad , because brad was a staple customer who brought a lot of good mojo to the shop . I miss Brad a lot but maybe we'll luck out and we can get ahold of him before the call

I cant tell you how glad I am that we're all still on the planet because not even pipe smokers last forever
Sounds like an awesome time John! Enjoy your Zoom and friendship with some awesome friends :thumbs:
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:05 am

Sounds like an awesome time John! Enjoy your Zoom and friendship with some awesome friends :thumbs:
Its gonna be fun as hell :thumbs:
Silver
Certified Codger

Happy Sunday morning, Orthodox Easter and Cinco de Mayo! Started the day with a couple bowls of Haunted Bookshop in the Sunday cob and coffee on the front porch. It's 69, kinda humid and mostly cloudy here. We might get a little more rain today. We'll be going to son's place to celebrate his fiancée's birthday. In the meantime, just taking it easy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Silver wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:14 pm We were with Sis and BIL tonight. Had a couple bowls (Paradoxical, Scottish Cake and Friar's Bayou Cake) in pipes that have been neglected. I'll finish the night with a bowl of Haunted Bookshop in the Saturday cob.
Sunds like a good time :thumbs:
simplepipes
Codger in Training

John:

If you could help me connect with Randy via email, I would like to commission a pipe. I am not on any social media platforms (by choice).

Thank you.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .