One for work one for play

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

So Ive had this Zippo belt case for 23 years . Its at te point where I just cant get it to look close to decent . Itll be my work case , as its been for ever and now I just got another for going out . Its amazing how the old one hasnt crapped out in any way , other than the way it looks . Its perfectly functional . Nothing is split , ripped etc ... it just looks like its been through hell

I got this new one off amazon for 13 bucks and it got here in two days ... amazing

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:22 pm So Ive had this Zippo belt case for 23 years . Its at te point where I just cant get it to look close to decent . Itll be my work case , as its been for ever and now I just got another for going out . Its amazing how the old one hasnt crapped out in any way , other than the way it looks . Its perfectly functional . Nothing is split , ripped etc ... it just looks like its been through hell

I got this new one off amazon for 13 bucks and it got here in two days ... amazing

Dude that thing has been through hell.

Let me know how you like the new case. I can’t get mine to loosen up. It messes with the hinge when I take the zippo out and some of my Zippos are pretty messed up cause of it. I may try a different style zippo case.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Try wrapping your zippo in a cut up plastic credit card sized to fit it and get your zippo case wet. The leather should stretch around the added thickness and let it dry that way, it should stay that size when you pull the plastic off the zippo.
If that doesn’t work list the case on Etsy for $245 and sell it.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Try wrapping your zippo in a cut up plastic credit card sized to fit it and get your zippo case wet. The leather should stretch around the added thickness and let it dry that way, it should stay that size when you pull the plastic off the zippo.

* you could try notching it where the hinge is at also.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

23 years is a great run so far!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Plinsc wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:14 pm Try wrapping your zippo in a cut up plastic credit card sized to fit it and get your zippo case wet. The leather should stretch around the added thickness and let it dry that way, it should stay that size when you pull the plastic off the zippo.
Good idea. I’ll see what I can do. Thank you! I would really love to use it more
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:23 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:22 pm So Ive had this Zippo belt case for 23 years . Its at te point where I just cant get it to look close to decent . Itll be my work case , as its been for ever and now I just got another for going out . Its amazing how the old one hasnt crapped out in any way , other than the way it looks . Its perfectly functional . Nothing is split , ripped etc ... it just looks like its been through hell

Dude that thing has been through hell.

Let me know how you like the new case. I can’t get mine to loosen up. It messes with the hinge when I take the zippo out and some of my Zippos are pretty messed up cause of it. I may try a different style zippo case.
The thing is I used to be able to clean it up a bit but its just too far gone to " look good " . Its still perfectly fine

Mine is a little tight but it should give a bit soon . Id suggest what @Plinsc said ... or at least just use a " regular " smooth chrome zippo ... the kind at walmart for 13 bucks . Ive got the bougie American flag armor lighter in the new one now and its a bit tight but that lighter is thicker than a regular smooth one

These arent as thick and shoud slide out a little easier VVVVVVV
HSigurdsson

I just ordered a pipe insert for one of my Zippos.
Never tried it with a pipe but ill give it a try.
I have a few really old Zippos id like to use.
Im worried about the fluid taste bit so many pipers use these, im gonna try.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I use my pipe insert all the time, I really like it.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:07 pm I just ordered a pipe insert for one of my Zippos.
Never tried it with a pipe but ill give it a try.
I have a few really old Zippos id like to use.
Im worried about the fluid taste bit so many pipers use these, im gonna try.
Imho , the whole " zippo taste " thing is hyped a bit too much . Either a regular zippo or the pipe zippo ... both work great , fo rme at least . I also dig a bic or a match . Its all fire but the zippo has the outdoors nailed down