Coffee

Ronv69
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:02 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:40 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:49 am I have had to cut back. Plus, one piece of baklava is more satisfying than half a chocolate cake.
:o Baaaahhhh-klaaaaa-vaaaahhhh...
Drool.
How about half a chocolate cake with a piece of baklava on top?
Too much.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Lately , Ive been trying to get away from the Keurig thing and use my auto drip like I used to back when coffee didnt run me 150 a month , lol

Been doing Folgers Black Silk . Im no Folgers guy but lemme tell you . Once you get the right ratio , it might be the perfect all around coffee . Granted , SanFran Fog Chaser is the best but I havent been to that store to buy it in a while . The Black Silk is smooooth and , though its dark roasted , its not real heavy [ after all its still Folgers ] but it has the heavier notes in a mild way and Im good with that

Anyway , its a tamed version of something really off the chart and would appeal to most anyone I think
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:06 am Lately , Ive been trying to get away from the Keurig thing and use my auto drip like I used to back when coffee didnt run me 150 a month , lol

Been doing Folgers Black Silk . Im no Folgers guy but lemme tell you . Once you get the right ratio , it might be the perfect all around coffee . Granted , SanFran Fog Chaser is the best but I havent been to that store to buy it in a while . The Black Silk is smooooth and , though its dark roasted , its not real heavy [ after all its still Folgers ] but it has the heavier notes in a mild way and Im good with that

Anyway , its a tamed version of something really off the chart and would appeal to most anyone I think
I was drinking Amazon brand Columbian coffee for a bit (found better prices on other coffee) and it strikes me as being like folgers if folgers actually used good beans. Makes great drip coffee
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

This thread started in October, 2018. This thread has legs. I use a cup of coffee as a prop when I talk to people. I have no love for the brew but I also have no hatred. Coffee is coffee to me. I prefer it hot.

I have nothing to add but a tip of my fedora to @mrpipster, who started this thread so many years ago.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I second that tip of the fedora...excepting I don't wear one. So I'll offer a manly nod of the head in @mrpipster's direction...though I've not seen him here in a minute. As for coffee; I'm running low on the India Malabar Monsooned I've been picking up from Amazon. (Can't get the stuff locally.) Think an order for some Brazillian beans will be in the offing next.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Coffee. I started this thread when I was trying to get sober. I think I was just tired of Folgers and wondered what everyone else was drinking.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
kschatey

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:34 pm I second that tip of the fedora...excepting I don't wear one. So I'll offer a manly nod of the head in @mrpipster's direction...though I've not seen him here in a minute. As for coffee; I'm running low on the India Malabar Monsooned I've been picking up from Amazon. (Can't get the stuff locally.) Think an order for some Brazillian beans will be in the offing next.
My buddy had gotten some Coffee Direcf Indian Malabar and it was rough. I roasted some Indian Mysore Nuggets and it was quite tasty. Have some Costa Rica home roasted for the vacation trip.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

kschatey wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:28 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:34 pm I second that tip of the fedora...excepting I don't wear one. So I'll offer a manly nod of the head in @mrpipster's direction...though I've not seen him here in a minute. As for coffee; I'm running low on the India Malabar Monsooned I've been picking up from Amazon. (Can't get the stuff locally.) Think an order for some Brazillian beans will be in the offing next.
My buddy had gotten some Coffee Direcf Indian Malabar and it was rough. I roasted some Indian Mysore Nuggets and it was quite tasty. Have some Costa Rica home roasted for the vacation trip.
Malabar is best when it's monsooned. And even then it's an earthy (some say "muddy") coffee. I just happen to like "earthy". :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
kschatey

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:05 pm
kschatey wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:28 pm
Malabar is best when it's monsooned. And even then it's an earthy (some say "muddy") coffee. I just happen to like "earthy". :lol:
Yes, it is VERY earthy. I liked it as epsresso more than pour over actually.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

mrpipster wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:55 pm Coffee. I started this thread when I was trying to get sober. I think I was just tired of Folgers and wondered what everyone else was drinking.
There ya are! :D Good to "see" ya!