Coffee

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

kschatey wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:30 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:05 pm
kschatey wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:28 pm

My buddy had gotten some Coffee Direcf Indian Malabar and it was rough. I roasted some Indian Mysore Nuggets and it was quite tasty. Have some Costa Rica home roasted for the vacation trip.
Malabar is best when it's monsooned. And even then it's an earthy (some say "muddy") coffee. I just happen to like "earthy". :lol:
Yes, it is VERY earthy. I liked it as epsresso more than pour over actually.
I've never tried it as an espresso. My daily brew with it is from a Bonavita drip, but I've also tried it in a press pot. The Malabar in a press was ok, but not as good as a darker roast would have been.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Puff nstuff

Happy Monday! I'm currently drinking Archipelagos Anonymous, a Sumatra/Java/PNG blend from Badbeard's Microroastery, through a Melitta drip machine that uses a proprietary screen filter basket. Delicious.
☕️
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

My 3rd cup might put me in " go mode " ... we'll see

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:25 pm My 3rd cup might put me in " go mode " ... we'll see

You’d be a good host on. A foodie channel with short little videos like this
👍
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Still drinking Folgers but switched to a Ninja machine because our Bunnmaker crapped out and I was tired of only getting 2 years out of those Bunns

Ninja makes a good cup after the learning curve haven’t tried the iced coffee setting yet but might try that this weekend
Puff nstuff

I hiked 6 + miles in our local mountains today with the wife and dog, about 1700 feet gain over three miles. I'm now flat on my back watching the US Open, and leftover Bustelo with sugar and milk over ice never tasted so damn good!!
Puff nstuff

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:25 pm My 3rd cup might put me in " go mode " ... we'll see

Lavazza is good stuff.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:05 pm
I remember when my folks got their first Mr Coffee drip coffee maker, and they thought it was a-MAZE-ing! Before that coffee was always made in our house in a stovetop or electric perk.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:50 am
Citizen B wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:05 pm
I remember when my folks got their first Mr Coffee drip coffee maker, and they thought it was a-MAZE-ing! Before that coffee was always made in our house in a stovetop or electric perk.
Yes, me too . We had two perks ... a really big one for when people were over and a regular one for everyday . We got a mister coffee and I liked watching it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.