Kaywoodie White

Mikeymac

Got a white kaywoodie off eBay. I was going to just clean it, but the rim was AWFUL. So I just sanded the whole thing and rubbed some shoe polish on it. Has a few pit fixes, but I kind of like those. This is going to be my car and “Everyman” pipe for yard work, chopping wood, all those times that I don’t want my very expensive pipes in danger. Not bad for a $5 pipe!! I’m very happy with the outcome!!

ImageImageImageImage
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

That came out real nice looking. I'd prefer manufacturers & pipe makers leave the pits as is instead of filling them but I know I'm in the minority on that
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wow! Looks great!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

This is your first post - welcome!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Welcome to The PSF
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:58 am That came out real nice looking. I'd prefer manufacturers & pipe makers leave the pits as is instead of filling them but I know I'm in the minority on that
Well that puts 2 of us in the minority. A lot of the working man pipes (won't name names) made excellent shapes, but the mud in their pipes was so obvious. It would have suited me just fine if they had left the pits in, left the pipes virgin and just sprayed their finish. Voila... manly man pipe.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:58 am That came out real nice looking. I'd prefer manufacturers & pipe makers leave the pits as is instead of filling them but I know I'm in the minority on that
Also in the don't bother filling camp. I find the little sand pits and defects interesting. I really dig a lot of the unfinished pipes where they leave the briar bare, al la Morgan Bones.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Welcome to PSF! That turned out really nice!
The Troll Whisperer
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I'm a little late to this one but that turned out pretty nice! I love my KW White Briar!
Middle Earth

Greetings and great job on that pipe