What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Having a Macanudo Court cigar

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
montag

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:26 am
montag wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:00 am I had a Southern Draw between storms outside. First one I've had. Good flavor but a little uneven of a burn. Picked it up because it was one of the few smaller gauge cigars the store had outside of cigarillos.

Man , isnt that the thing these days ... fat ring gauge is " the thing " . I dont have anything against a large gauge but the thing is people say the makers are able to create better blends with the added space , which is true , but its also easy and a cop out , because it takes great skill to make a stellar corona or Lonsdale as an example . The bullshit these days in the cigar industry is even worse than when I was in it [ imho ] .
Lol , I could rant on the subject but wont . I miss when everyone had Lonsdales etc .. I know some are still out there but you know what im saying
Preach on!

I mostly enjoy sub 50 gauge cigars with the Lonsdale and petite corona being my favorites.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Spent some time in the shop today. I made a custom shaving brush from a water buffalo horn stick, a finest grade badger knot and a 1957 nickel. The nickel is his birth year and is for good luck. It’s embedded as an end cap. Also did some walnut glue up, sanding and a first coat of tung oil on a set of S&W K frame grips that I’m converting from vintage square butt to fit a more modern round butt. “Give ‘em sort of a roper profile”, he said. Whatever.

Gus and I have moved operations to the porch. He is watching the world and I have a Romeo y Julieta 1875 Reserva Real burning.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

montag wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:02 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:26 am
montag wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:00 am I had a Southern Draw between storms outside. First one I've had. Good flavor but a little uneven of a burn. Picked it up because it was one of the few smaller gauge cigars the store had outside of cigarillos.

Man , isnt that the thing these days ... fat ring gauge is " the thing " . I dont have anything against a large gauge but the thing is people say the makers are able to create better blends with the added space , which is true , but its also easy and a cop out , because it takes great skill to make a stellar corona or Lonsdale as an example . The bullshit these days in the cigar industry is even worse than when I was in it [ imho ] .
Lol , I could rant on the subject but wont . I miss when everyone had Lonsdales etc .. I know some are still out there but you know what im saying
Preach on!

I mostly enjoy sub 50 gauge cigars with the Lonsdale and petite corona being my favorites.
I take it youre a lonsdale and or corona fan
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

New stuff today. Gus got a new hoodie and I’m trying an Onyx Reservse No 4. Much darker than my usual.

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:44 pm New stuff today. Gus got a new hoodie and I’m trying an Onyx Reservse No 4. Much darker than my usual.

That brand has been around a good while now :thumbs: .. how do you like it ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:13 pm
ncrobb wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:44 pm New stuff today. Gus got a new hoodie and I’m trying an Onyx Reservse No 4. Much darker than my usual.

That brand has been around a good while now :thumbs: .. how do you like it ?
It seemed to be rolled tight/felt firm. The draw was ok and it taste pretty good but it burned uneven. I had to hit it with a lighter a couple times to try and even it out. It was given to me, but I’d buy some for when I was feeling like a stronger smoke.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Another one of those JRs Macanudo wannabes. It is a nice day.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Enjoyed a cigar with my Dad. I picked this out my humidor. Got this from @Ruffinogold a while back. Vegas De Jalapa Cofre De Oro Box Press, delicious. Nothing bad about this cigar.

The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Silver
Certified Codger

Ezra Zion Jamais Vu.