What's For Supper?

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:37 pm Ham steak with homemade scalloped potatoes, to heck with the box crap!
That takes me way back to days of childhood...
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Silver
Certified Codger

Spaghetti Bolognese with freshly baked focaccia.
Puff nstuff

I'm making jerk chicken, Cuban black beans, coconut rice, and probably some roasted carrots. And maybe corn bread. That should be enough. :lol:
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:21 pm
Tsal wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:37 pm Ham steak with homemade scalloped potatoes, to heck with the box crap!
That takes me way back to days of childhood...
Glad to take you back! My kids love it.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Tonight was shrimp chow mein and hot and sour soup.
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:21 pm Tonight was shrimp chow mein and hot and sour soup.
Have an egg roll for me next time ;)
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:41 pm
Tsal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:21 pm Tonight was shrimp chow mein and hot and sour soup.
Have an egg roll for me next time ;)
I don't do egg rolls but I'll have a spring roll in your honor.
The Troll Whisperer
montag

Shared food truck fare with the oldest. We had a box of fried crayfish with a crawfish pie and a box of fried alligator. Yummy.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mrs. King and I often go out to breakfast but rarely out to dinner. I was treated to the pleasure of her company this evening. We went to Cafe Degas, up the street. It is very romantic. https://cafedegas.com

I really enjoyed our conversation. I am a very lucky man.

The waiter gave us the menus and I glanced at the specials. "Hold the phone!" I exclaimed when I read the first thing on the menu. "Stop the presses!" I exclaimed when I red the second things on the menu.

"Lower your voice," Mrs. King said. "The whole dining room doesn't need to know you're excited."

I stopped reading the menu. I knew what I wanted. Two appetizers. I eat like a bird anyway. I would normally just get one. I love the quail at Cafe Degas. That was what I was going to order. No longer. The die was cast.

Mrs. King had French onion soup and two big ravioli. Mrs. King is the opposite of me. She genuinely enjoys everything and looks at the lighter side of life. This is why we balance each other out.

It started raining.

I had duck soup. I did not like it. One lousy piece of duck does not a duck soup make. Plus, it was weird. But, followed by the soup, I had frogs legs.

All is right in the world. It has been so long since I've had frogs legs. They came with asparagus. And, I had a nice wide-ranging talk with Mrs. King about things we do not normally discuss. It is good to be half of a whole. Young people don't understand this.

It was a satisfying supper from every angle.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

montag wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:04 pm Shared food truck fare with the oldest. We had a box of fried crayfish with a crawfish pie and a box of fried alligator. Yummy.

Fried gator is good stuff! Sounds like a great time
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations