What's For Supper?

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I made this as part of last night's supper but forgot to post it. Taters sliced on a mandoline, butter, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan. Standing the slices on edge in a skillet was definitely a pain in the tail but it was worth it. This went along with pork chops and sautéed brussels sprouts.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm I made this as part of last night's supper but forgot to post it. Taters sliced on a mandoline, butter, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan. Standing the slices on edge in a skillet was definitely a pain in the tail but it was worth it. This went along with pork chops and sautéed brussels sprouts.
That looks delicious!
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Haven't had it yet, but I know tonight's menu: roast beef, potatoes, root veg, gravy, and rolls. Oh. Yeah. Mama. Take. Me. Home.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:42 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:30 pm
Beef - It's what's for dinner.
Some people call lunch dinner.
That's what we do. Lunch is dinner, and dinner is supper. But if you're going out to a fancy pants place, it's ok to call supper dinner. Got that? :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Bamarick

Last night was a Sirloin Tip Roast prepared in the Instant Pot with Beef Broth, a little Red Wine and Onion Soup Mix. It was served with mashed Potatoes and Green beans. Tonight's feast will be a homemade Chicken Pot pie. Life is good and my waistline proves it :lol:
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:43 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm I made this as part of last night's supper but forgot to post it. Taters sliced on a mandoline, butter, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan. Standing the slices on edge in a skillet was definitely a pain in the tail but it was worth it. This went along with pork chops and sautéed brussels sprouts.
That looks delicious!
Thanks! It definitely did not disappoint and the leftovers were even better
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
sisyphus
Person of Interest

eye of round, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and pouding chomeur for dessert tonight
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Tonight m'lady made chicken curry. It was gone in 60 seconds and she became infuriated. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mine is a total mystery. I pick up a deacon who is flying in from Virginia, and we will be eating at the home of some Latino friends. I will report back.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017