Nylon Pipe?

Bamarick

Have any of you ever seen one, used one or even heard of a nylon pipe? I received this along with a pack of SP Vanilla Cavendish & a Pipe Nail in a sampler pack from P&C. About two weeks after I received it P&C asked me to write a review which I did. The last time I checked they had not published it which has me wondering if they didn't care for my saying that every time I used it I felt like I was going to get a mouthful of plastic smoke :facepalm: I think I've smoked two bowls through it.

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

I have never seen, heard of or smoked one. I don't think that I would, honestly. I'd be afraid of the plastic as well. Definitely interesting though
Grimpeur

I'd try it! But it's not overly endowed with good looks, is it? There's a Swedish pipe, who's name escapes me at the moment, that's similar and has been available for quite some time. Nording has two lines along the same lines too. I'm happy with what I have, but I am sure that someone, somewhere, swears by their plastic pipe...more power to 'em.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bamarick wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am Have any of you ever seen one, used one or even heard of a nylon pipe? I received this along with a pack of SP Vanilla Cavendish & a Pipe Nail in a sampler pack from P&C. About two weeks after I received it P&C asked me to write a review which I did. The last time I checked they had not published it which has me wondering if they didn't care for my saying that every time I used it I felt like I was going to get a mouthful of plastic smoke :facepalm: I think I've smoked two bowls through it.

Nording actually has a couple pipes that have nylon bodies:
The Eriksen series:

And the Shorty line, which also uses a porcelain bowl(I want to get one, so I can say I own a toilet pipe):
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Grimpeur

And here's the Swedish pipe, called "Dollar":

Grimpeur

In case you haven't yet encountered this site, feast your eyes on what clever, eccentric folk can come up with:

http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/

It's not just metal pipes...
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Grimpeur wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:59 pm In case you haven't yet encountered this site, feast your eyes on what clever, eccentric folk can come up with:

http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/

It's not just metal pipes...
It's funny you post that.. I literally was just sitting here looking through that site chuckling at all the weird stuff. :thumbs:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

I'll take brylon over nylon. Nylon is for a dress...

Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:05 pm
Bamarick wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am Have any of you ever seen one, used one or even heard of a nylon pipe? I received this along with a pack of SP Vanilla Cavendish & a Pipe Nail in a sampler pack from P&C. About two weeks after I received it P&C asked me to write a review which I did. The last time I checked they had not published it which has me wondering if they didn't care for my saying that every time I used it I felt like I was going to get a mouthful of plastic smoke :facepalm: I think I've smoked two bowls through it.

Nording actually has a couple pipes that have nylon bodies:
The Eriksen series:

And the Shorty line, which also uses a porcelain bowl(I want to get one, so I can say I own a toilet pipe):
I actually do own a toilet pipe, though it didn't come with porcelain. It came in a lot I bought several years ago. I guess the seller thought they were adding value to the lot by tossing it in. Anywhoo, if I come across it again I'll post a pic.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Loosecut

I can't make out the stamp on the shank end....What is the brand name of this weird pipe? It also looks the like shank and stem is all one single piece of the same material. It also looks like a Falcon where the elegant (sarcasm) Dr. Grabow-like rusticated bowl can be twisted off, just like a Falcon.

I like it.