Thrift Store Tobacciana

Silver
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:14 pm
Silver wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:06 pm Went on a family outing and stopped at a couple antique/junk shops. The pipe is a Medico. It came with the Kentucky Club tin.

While I really dig the Sugar Barrel and the GW, that Briggs tin is something else! Wow! Nice score 👍
Thanks. I usually don't find tins in this condition. A couple look like they're right off the store shelf. Now, I need to find room to display them!
Silver
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:19 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:42 pm Saw this at an antique shop the other day. It didn’t come home with me though. Avon. Who woulda thunk it.

ImageImage
Avon cologne in pipe shaped bottles was a thing for quite a while actually.
My mom was an Avon collector back in the 70's. I have about 4 pipe decanters, still at my folk's house. Not sure if I'm keeping those. Running out of room.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Silver wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:06 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:19 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:42 pm Saw this at an antique shop the other day. It didn’t come home with me though. Avon. Who woulda thunk it.

ImageImage
Avon cologne in pipe shaped bottles was a thing for quite a while actually.
My mom was an Avon collector back in the 70's. I have about 4 pipe decanters, still at my folk's house. Not sure if I'm keeping those. Running out of room.
My wife's stepdad was an Avon collector, in that he had pistol and rifle type shapes.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Jlando19

I found this cool antique shop in a little town 20 minutes from where I live. They had some tobacco related goods and the owner told me that there are pipes brought in pretty regularly they just didn’t have any that day. I didn’t even explore the whole place, like not even the whole first floor or the basement but here’s what I saw.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:12 pm I found this cool antique shop in a little town 20 minutes from where I live. They had some tobacco related goods and the owner told me that there are pipes brought in pretty regularly they just didn’t have any that day. I didn’t even explore the whole place, like not even the whole first floor or the basement but here’s what I saw.

Very cool stuff! You gotta go back!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Making some room in the former man cave for my daughter. I'm going through some things, condensing on shelves to make room. It's still my space but a storage area for her and the babies things. Well worth the sacrifice.

Anyway, I thought I'd share these pairings that have come home over the years.

The pipe smoking accordion player caught my eye first. Then I noticed how fondly he looked at his dog and his dog at him. So they both came home. Could you break them up? Reminds me of @SidStavros everytime I look at him.

Captain Black, what else would I call a pipe smoking black sea captain? Anyway, his sailing vessel, note the "B" was there too and the Mrs said it was coming home as well.

Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Wildcat wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:09 pm Making some room in the former man cave for my daughter. I'm going through some things, condensing on shelves to make room. It's still my space but a storage area for her and the babies things. Well worth the sacrifice.

The pipe smoking accordion player caught my eye first. Then I noticed how fondly he looked at his dog and his dog at him. So they both came home. Could you break them up? Reminds me of @SidStavros everytime I look at him.

Captain Black, what else would I call a pipe smoking black sea captain? Anyway, his sailing vessel, note the "B" was there too and the Mrs said it was coming home as well.

Those are awesome.. I love it!!!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Chef Benny wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:13 pm
Wildcat wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:09 pm Making some room in the former man cave for my daughter. I'm going through some things, condensing on shelves to make room. It's still my space but a storage area for her and the babies things. Well worth the sacrifice.

Those are awesome.. I love it!!!
High praise from the Zen Master of Thrift!! Thank you Benny!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ashtray, I think.

Spotted in Stepney, Connecticut. I do not have room in my luggage to take it home.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:12 pm I found this cool antique shop in a little town 20 minutes from where I live. They had some tobacco related goods and the owner told me that there are pipes brought in pretty regularly they just didn’t have any that day. I didn’t even explore the whole place, like not even the whole first floor or the basement but here’s what I saw.

New Braunfels?
God and Texas!