Thrift Store Tobacciana

Riff89

Lostdog5152 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:52 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:34 pm So the wife and I were out and about a bit today . In murphy NC , I stumbled upon this beauty ...

It shall be filled with Captain Black Gold ... as it should be
I have the same humidor. Found it in a junk shop a few years ago. I have been adding partially smoked pouches of Captain Black White for a long time and its almost full. The idea was to always try the CB fresh and I almost never made it through a full pouch. I opened it up yesterday and the tobacco still smells and feels fresh.as a new pouch. I don't know whether its the quality of the humidor or PG in the tobacco. Either way I'm smoking it now. Tastes the same it always did and some of the tobacco is at least five years old.
Captain Black has enough PG to survive the apocalypse! The only thing left will be Cockroaches, Twinkies, and Captain Black! I should really put some up for the end of the world! The only CB I have actually liked is the Royal. They all smell amazing but all I get for flavor is hot air.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Riff89 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:56 am
Lostdog5152 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:52 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:34 pm So the wife and I were out and about a bit today . In murphy NC , I stumbled upon this beauty ...

It shall be filled with Captain Black Gold ... as it should be
I have the same humidor. Found it in a junk shop a few years ago. I have been adding partially smoked pouches of Captain Black White for a long time and its almost full. The idea was to always try the CB fresh and I almost never made it through a full pouch. I opened it up yesterday and the tobacco still smells and feels fresh.as a new pouch. I don't know whether its the quality of the humidor or PG in the tobacco. Either way I'm smoking it now. Tastes the same it always did and some of the tobacco is at least five years old.
Captain Black has enough PG to survive the apocalypse! The only thing left will be Cockroaches, Twinkies, and Captain Black! I should really put some up for the end of the world! The only CB I have actually liked is the Royal. They all smell amazing but all I get for flavor is hot air.
Thats what I get out the 2 pouches I recently bought. Hot air :x
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Riff89

mrpipster wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:30 am
Lostdog5152 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:52 pm I have the same humidor. Found it in a junk shop a few years ago. I have been adding partially smoked pouches of Captain Black White for a long time and its almost full. The idea was to always try the CB fresh and I almost never made it through a full pouch. I opened it up yesterday and the tobacco still smells and feels fresh.as a new pouch. I don't know whether its the quality of the humidor or PG in the tobacco. Either way I'm smoking it now. Tastes the same it always did and some of the tobacco is at least five years old.
I guess that’s why they call them Aromatics not flavomatics pip.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Riff89 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:08 am

I guess that’s why they call them Aromatics not flavomatics pip.
CBW gets a bad rap just about everywhere its mentioned. I'm not overly fond of it myself. but it smells so darn good I keep trying it at intervals. To me it does have some flavor, especially when smoked from a large bowl. I couldn't make it a go-to smoke or even something regular but for a break from my usual non aros I think it does well. A lot better than most of the candified blends that I have tried that are rated much higher.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

:lol: Takes a Pro to smoke an A R O
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Lostdog5152 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:52 pm I have the same humidor. Found it in a junk shop a few years ago. I have been adding partially smoked pouches of Captain Black White for a long time and its almost full. The idea was to always try the CB fresh and I almost never made it through a full pouch. I opened it up yesterday and the tobacco still smells and feels fresh.as a new pouch. I don't know whether its the quality of the humidor or PG in the tobacco. Either way I'm smoking it now. Tastes the same it always did and some of the tobacco is at least five years old.
Try a bigger bowl (already mentioned) and slowing down maybe.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Wildcat
Codger in Training

arturo7 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:03 am
Silver wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 pm Found this stuff in a couple local shops today -

These things are very cool. If I ever see one at a thrift store I'll snag it.

However, I don't understand the configuration.

Six different pipes but only one tobacco?
They were for old school codgers, one blend and a few pipes I'm guessing.
Silver
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:20 pm
arturo7 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:03 am
Silver wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 pm Found this stuff in a couple local shops today -

These things are very cool. If I ever see one at a thrift store I'll snag it.

However, I don't understand the configuration.

Six different pipes but only one tobacco?
They were for old school codgers, one blend and a few pipes I'm guessing.
I keep Epiphany (in a bag) and eight of my Grabows in it.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Grabbed this yesterday at the SA. The Mrs has a sizable Santa collection and when we find them, we pick up Santas when he still smoked a pipe. Most newer Santa merchandise is PC now.

Riff89

Wildcat wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:45 am Grabbed this yesterday at the SA. The Mrs has a sizable Santa collection and when we find them, we pick up Santas when he still smoked a pipe. Most newer Santa merchandise is PC now.

I always wanted my wife to let me smoke in the house on Xmas eve to really give it that Santa stopped by smell but she was always so worried about the kids health that she snot me down. I am now able to smoke in the man cave which is great but something about firing up a big pipe full of burley while listening to Christmas music and drinking cocoa with the family always appealed to me and I don’t really like Christmas all that much (at least not what it’s become) I’m more of a thanksgiving guy it’s all the feels none of the commercialization.