Today’s harvest (Not for weenies)

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:35 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:36 am I don't think I am eating bobcat either. Maybe it would depend on how hungry I was.
I guess you're right.
Dear God Almighty
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wilderness Pipe

We don't have bobcat up here but I catch quite a few Lynx during Winter. I usually eat the back straps and find they taste pretty decent. The rest it goes to the wolves, too tough for me lol. I'm guessing your bobcats get lighter fur in the winter?
Ronv69
Founding Member

My Brother in law is had a mounted bobcat on his mantle for the last 25 years of his life. It had killed 2 of my sister's miniature dachshunds among other things. It was huge and it gave me a start every time I walked into the room. I wonder which nephew ended up with it.
God and Texas!
Wilderness Pipe

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:17 pm
Wildcrow wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:28 pm I guess this could be the place to show this since.your talking about taxidermy. My black bear rug.
Did you kill that bear? That’s awesome. If I were to have kept the meat, tats what I was going to do with the pelt. That or this...
My father shot that bear in Canada 1977! It's been around since as far back as I can remember, he and my uncle were big into hunting. The pelt hat is badass!
I guided this Bow hunter in 2015. We hot him at 16 yards and even though that mechanical broad head went straight through the heart and exiting on the other side of him, this old bear still ran for another 150 yards, crashing through thick bush before collapsing.
I hope I'm not offending any non hunters here. Guiding trophy hunters has become very controversial these days
Wilderness Pipe

Wilderness Pipe wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Did you kill that bear? That’s awesome. If I were to have kept the meat, tats what I was going to do with the pelt. That or this...
My father shot that bear in Canada 1977! It's been around since as far back as I can remember, he and my uncle were big into hunting. The pelt hat is badass!
I guided this Bow hunter in 2015. We hot him at 16 yards and even though that mechanical broad head went straight through the heart and exiting on the other side of him, this old bear still ran for another 150 yards, crashing through thick bush before collapsing.
I hope I'm not offending any non hunters here. Guiding trophy hunters has become very controversial these days
Out of respect for the client I cut his face off the picture
Wilderness Pipe

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:28 pm I guess this could be the place to show this since.your talking about taxidermy. My black bear rug.
I totally forgot to ask, where in Canada did you get tis bear? Looks nice
Whalehead King

I caught crickets.

[If you respond to this the joke won't work.]
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wilderness Pipe wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:40 pm
I totally forgot to ask, where in Canada did you get tis bear? Looks nice
My father took that bear in the 70's.. I'll ask him again because I forgot. It was the eastern side I know that.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wilderness Pipe wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Very nice! That's a beautiful bear. Could you hear it bellowing?
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Went to the WMA range today to pattern a few chokes and shots for turkey. I've come to the conclusion that 3in mag shells #5 in 1 3/4 is way too much for 35 yards or closer with just an IC choke. Here in Jersey most if not all the spots are wooded and I would never need something that powerful. I'm going with #6 1 1/8 IC, C. I will say that the copper coated flight control pellets are a nice shot, punchy. I smoked a bunch of Sutliff's match ERR in the Tendi.
The Troll Whisperer