Ennerdale

Woodrow1953

When it was plentiful, and you loved the essence, this was THE ONE. All I got from Ennerdale was the floral. Really I couldn’t taste anything else. Rum Flake still has the essence but you could taste the other ingredients.
You love it, or you hate it. Dedicate a pipe to it. It’s also the one that ghosts the most.
Bill Wood
Melfort, Sk, Canada
Non profit web developer
Retired broadcaster

Stanwell / Brigham / Peterson
kschatey

Woodrow1953 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:02 pm When it was plentiful, and you loved the essence, this was THE ONE. All I got from Ennerdale was the floral. Really I couldn’t taste anything else. Rum Flake still has the essence but you could taste the other ingredients.
You love it, or you hate it. Dedicate a pipe to it. It’s also the one that ghosts the most.
Love it. Love the floral!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

What I dont like is the " essence " thats way in the back ground in a blend that I dont think it should be in [ if that makes sense ] . As opposed to a blend , like Ennerdale , that " is a Lakeland "
Its been some years so I forget which blends exactly but , as an example ... let say Bobs Chocolate flake . Lets say you smoke that and theres a bit of essence in the back ground ... that I dont care for at all . Maybe Chocolate flake isnt a good example , but I think it might be , but Ive ordered blends from them that werent supposed to have essence .. and they did in the background . Its like that shit gets on their machinery and its not something you can wash off completely ... like an std I reckon
But anyway .. if its touted as a Lakeland , Im more mentally ready for it , I think thats what Im trying to say
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
kschatey

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:36 pm What I dont like is the " essence " thats way in the back ground in a blend that I dont think it should be in [ if that makes sense ] . As opposed to a blend , like Ennerdale , that " is a Lakeland "
Its been some years so I forget which blends exactly but , as an example ... let say Bobs Chocolate flake . Lets say you smoke that and theres a bit of essence in the back ground ... that I dont care for at all . Maybe Chocolate flake isnt a good example , but I think it might be , but Ive ordered blends from them that werent supposed to have essence .. and they did in the background . Its like that shit gets on their machinery and its not something you can wash off completely ... like an std I reckon
But anyway .. if its touted as a Lakeland , Im more mentally ready for it , I think thats what Im trying to say
Makes sense, but I still love it. I really enjoy that whisp of Lakeland in the background of Bob's Chocolate Flake. Now I was lucky to find an ounce of Bob's Square Cut awhile back and the Lakeland is a bit stronger in comparison to the Bob's Chocolate Flake. Give me more. Always MORE! ;)
kschatey

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:36 pm What I dont like is the " essence " thats way in the back ground in a blend that I dont think it should be in [ if that makes sense ] . As opposed to a blend , like Ennerdale , that " is a Lakeland "
Equating this to craft beer as it's another consumer hobby that I have decades of experience in (and I'm a homebrewer!) and there are so many parallels with pipe tobacco, I would say that Lakelands are a bit like rauchbier (smoked) beer. People love it or hate it. The more smoke, the more I love it, as long as it's the right kind of smokiness (i.e., NOT BandAid-like). Bamberg breweries that specialize in traditional rauchbier even make beers with no smoked malt in them, but the beer picks up a certain amount of smokiness from just being brewed and processed on the same equipment that has been used for smoked beer for so many years. Love that. LOVE IT!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Did Kamala Harris write this for you? ;)
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wildcat wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:08 pm
:lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

What , you couldnt follow that ?! :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:01 pm
What , you couldnt follow that ?! :lol:
When we follow, we follow right? Because when we're following and we need to follow right? Let's be clear, that's why we follow and why we'll continue to follow our fellow followers who are following. Follow me?
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Jlando19

Talk to me about this underwater water grandmas draws flavor. I’m disgusted and intrigued all at the same time. Lol
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.