Bitch , Moan , Cry and Groan ......

User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:48 am

Arkansas Paul wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 am
Ruffinogold wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:30 pm
McClelland and their Ketchup blends I wasn't into . Their non ketchup Virginia's were great .
This is my main bitch, moan etc.
I never met a McClelland Virginia I didn't like.
I have 16 tins in the cellar, 6 of which are 100g tins. Not nearly enough.

Welcome.
I started. Coming around to their Ketchup blends . #24 was the non ketchup that " got me " .... but then the Tawny Flake , which was a ketchup just not brutal, just blew my mind . I have a little jarred , about half and oz , and 4 sealed tins ..... It needs to last till I'm near dead and I hope that is as good long while yet. The old testament mentions something of God limiting our years to 120 ..... I'd like to do 120 , I would . But 4 tins to last 67.5 years ..... its gonna be tuff , man
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 7):
Mr BeardsleyhoutenzielFr_TomPeacockThelonious monkfishMiddle Earthracinghoss
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2245
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:04 pm

I'll also bitch about Kingfisher no longer being available. I've had 15-20 year old escudo, 15 year old hamburger beermaster, 8 year old Stonehaven, 8 year old tilbury and Dunbar, Edgeworth slices from the 60's and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The only one that's been neck and neck with kingfisher is the Edgeworth (because God loves burley smokers more) My friend very generously shared a bowl of it with me, and it was just one of "those smokes" that you hear about. Angels singing, skies opening up, the whole nine yards. I hate to use a term like amazing but it's the only thing I can think of to properly describe the smoke. How in the world do tobaccos like that just stop being made?
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 5):
Fr_TomRuffinogoldPeacockThelonious monkfishMiddle Earth
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
ncrobb
Founding Member
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm

@ruffinogold , that’s my memory as well. I think you lit it and immediately swore me to secrecy. I keep my feelers out for another couple tins.
This post by ncrobb liked by (total 5):
RuffinogoldMr BeardsleyPeacockThelonious monkfishMiddle Earth
“Spread your arms, hold your breath and always trust your cape.” - Guy Clark
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2245
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 pm

ncrobb wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm
@ruffinogold , that’s my memory as well. I think you lit it and immediately swore me to secrecy. I keep my feelers out for another couple tins.
You and Ruff were the ones who brought it to my attention but I missed out on the last couple of releases of it
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
PeacockThelonious monkfishMiddle Earth
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:04 pm
I'll also bitch about Kingfisher no longer being available. I've had 15-20 year old escudo, 15 year old hamburger beermaster, 8 year old Stonehaven, 8 year old tilbury and Dunbar, Edgeworth slices from the 60's and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The only one that's been neck and neck with kingfisher is the Edgeworth (because God loves burley smokers more) My friend very generously shared a bowl of it with me, and it was just one of "those smokes" that you hear about. Angels singing, skies opening up, the whole nine yards. I hate to use a term like amazing but it's the only thing I can think of to properly describe the smoke. How in the world do tobaccos like that just stop being made?
Edgeworth Slices was THE blend . Currently , the closest thing is Wessex Burley Slice... It's damn fine and similar
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishPeacockMiddle Earth
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Senior Member
Posts: 1349
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:04 pm
I'll also bitch about Kingfisher no longer being available. I've had 15-20 year old escudo, 15 year old hamburger beermaster, 8 year old Stonehaven, 8 year old tilbury and Dunbar, Edgeworth slices from the 60's and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The only one that's been neck and neck with kingfisher is the Edgeworth (because God loves burley smokers more) My friend very generously shared a bowl of it with me, and it was just one of "those smokes" that you hear about. Angels singing, skies opening up, the whole nine yards. I hate to use a term like amazing but it's the only thing I can think of to properly describe the smoke. How in the world do tobaccos like that just stop being made?
Edgeworth Slices was THE blend . Currently , the closest thing is Wessex Burley Slice... It's damn fine and similar
Fine already, damn! I'm going to find some of these slices!
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 3):
PeacockRuffinogoldMiddle Earth
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2245
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:04 pm
I'll also bitch about Kingfisher no longer being available. I've had 15-20 year old escudo, 15 year old hamburger beermaster, 8 year old Stonehaven, 8 year old tilbury and Dunbar, Edgeworth slices from the 60's and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The only one that's been neck and neck with kingfisher is the Edgeworth (because God loves burley smokers more) My friend very generously shared a bowl of it with me, and it was just one of "those smokes" that you hear about. Angels singing, skies opening up, the whole nine yards. I hate to use a term like amazing but it's the only thing I can think of to properly describe the smoke. How in the world do tobaccos like that just stop being made?
Edgeworth Slices was THE blend . Currently , the closest thing is Wessex Burley Slice... It's damn fine and similar
Oh I know. I have some older wbs that's even closer to Edgeworth
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishRuffinogoldMiddle Earth
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Arkansas Paul
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:21 am

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:48 am
but then the Tawny Flake , which was a ketchup just not brutal, just blew my mind .
I actually have a sealed tin of Tawny Flake from '06.
I've never tried it.
This post by Arkansas Paul liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishPeacockMiddle Earth
"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
-Albert Einstein, 1950

"It has been my experience that those who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-Abe Lincoln
Mrm1775
Active Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:04 am
Location: Texarkana, AR

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 am

I’ll join in. My fuss is the availability unavailability of good Virginias. If you love and crave Sam Gawith virginias or anything else by him- good luck. Aylesbury, F&T, Wessex just to name a few.
I know there are still others available, but trying to satisfy a taste or experience with something different hardly ever works. If you do find something that calms the beast- it all of a sudden plays hard to get.
I did recently receive a gift of fvf from a friend and I feel forever indebted to him for that.
Signing up on email alerts does me no good. I can only check a couple of times a day and when I do get the notice, the goods are long gone.
This post by Mrm1775 liked by (total 5):
Middle EarthThelonious monkfishMr BeardsleyPeacockRuffinogold
Mrm1775
Active Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:04 am
Location: Texarkana, AR

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:24 pm

The fussing must have worked, walked into my local b&m and SG BBF 250g was staring right at me. Only $1.19 more than ordering and shipping!!!
This post by Mrm1775 liked by (total 6):
IslayphileThelonious monkfishMr BeardsleyMiddle EarthPeacockRuffinogold
Post Reply