Best tobacco for bearded face

nimazparsa

One of my favorites is having the aroma in my beard for the rest of a day after my pipe+coffe. I am testing the aroma notes.

Whats you experience & which tobacco aroma you prefer to rest in your beard? :lurk:
---------------------
Change to be happy :thumbs:
---------------------
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

All of these scent descriptions courtesy of my wife, who is the main critic of beard note..

Iwan Ries Old Colonial - leaves an almost smokey vanilla cologne like scent on me.
SWRA - Lightly maple with a touch of Burley funk.
Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew - Leaves a strong almost floral Vanilla smell on me.
Grousemoor - Wife said it smells like cheap perfume.. kind of makes her nervous. Cannon Plug even moreso..
Davidoff Danish - Smells like chocolate doughnuts.
Orlik Club Mixture - I swear it leaves a smell identical to Belgian Waffles. Wife agrees.
Ashton Artisan's - Smells like a campfire, wife likes it as it reminds her of camping when she was a kid.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

I like it all but out of my collection of tobacco blends I'd have to say that Match Flying Dutchman has one of the better residual scents, it reminds me of a cup of Swiss Miss cocoa with the little marshmallows in it. :)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

oldbill wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:33 am I like it all but out of my collection of tobacco blends I'd have to say that Match Flying Dutchman has one of the better residual scents, it reminds me of a cup of Swiss Miss cocoa with the little marshmallows in it. :)
Just based on that description, I think I really have to try that one!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If I grew facial hair , my wife woukd no longer make love to me . Obviously, I shave all the time. However, though my ignorance is uge on this subject , id imagine a pleasent aroma blend is the way to go .,. Heck , id love to smell like SWRA all the time
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:39 am
oldbill wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:33 am I like it all but out of my collection of tobacco blends I'd have to say that Match Flying Dutchman has one of the better residual scents, it reminds me of a cup of Swiss Miss cocoa with the little marshmallows in it. :)
Just based on that description, I think I really have to try that one!
As a mostly non-aromatic smoker to me MFD is one of the better aromatics out there because while it has a very nice cocoa aroma and flavor, it's also not overly sweet, topped or cased as many aros are. The only drawback for me about it is that it seemed to smoke a little on the warm side, so I added a little Green River Black Cavendish to it to slow the burn rate and cool it a little while not altering the flavor or aroma. In fact the Cavendish gives it a little more subtle sweetness and a brown sugary element. ;)
Shoot me your address and I'll send you a few bowl fulls to try if you'd like! :D
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I don't mean to derail the thread .. but , is the match tamer than the original ? The original bit the shit outta me .

Staying on topic ... if I were allowed facial hair , I no doubt would love to smell IRC Old Colonial , as its in my top 5 . IRC Bronze too
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:09 pm
I don't mean to derail the thread .. but , is the match tamer than the original ? The original bit the shit outta me .

Staying on topic ... if I were allowed facial hair , I no doubt would love to smell IRC Old Colonial , as its in my top 5 . IRC Bronze too
I smoked the original about 20+ years ago and it's hard to remember everything about it but I will say that the Match does burn a little hot, I added some Green River Cavendish to it to cool the burn a little and it does so without altering the flavor any, it actually adds to the confectionery qualities of the blend. P.M. me your address and I'll send you a little to try if you'd like. :D
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

My wife doesn't like the afterglow of any of them in my beard so i just smoke whatever I want :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
9 Iron
Founding Member

I smoke the stuff to keep her off me.