Wish I could still get...thread

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'll say Edgeworth slices but with a nice stack of wessex burley slice in the cellar I don't miss it a ton
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
CoreyR
Founding Member

avid wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:39 am
CoreyR wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:08 am +1 on McC, especially Frog Morton. I mean, I still have a supply of unopened tins but.... :(
So is it the case you can't get any more Frog Morton blends...? I still have one unopened tin of FMC, never tried any of the other FM blends.
McClellands went out of business and took the Frog Morton line with them. They are gone for good.
avid

CoreyR wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:39 am
avid wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:39 am
CoreyR wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:08 am +1 on McC, especially Frog Morton. I mean, I still have a supply of unopened tins but.... :(
So is it the case you can't get any more Frog Morton blends...? I still have one unopened tin of FMC, never tried any of the other FM blends.
McClellands went out of business and took the Frog Morton line with them. They are gone for good.
Thanks
insufferable filter guy
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I hated it when Middleton dumped everything (practically) except for PA and CH. I mean I was personally offended. Oh, how I wished I could get those defunct blends, for nostalgia if nothing else. After a while I realized how many other tobaccos there are that I like and was just too emotionally invested in Middleton for that to be conducive to mental health. Now I long for no discontinued blend and am a happier person. :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:14 pm I hated it when Middleton dumped everything (practically) except for PA and CH. I mean I was personally offended. Oh, how I wished I could get those defunct blends, for nostalgia if nothing else. After a while I realized how many other tobaccos there are that I like and was just too emotionally invested in Middleton for that to be conducive to mental health. Now I long for no discontinued blend and am a happier person. :lol:
I feel your pain
insufferable filter guy
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Dutch Apple Pop Tarts
ever forward
avid

arturo7 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:26 pm Dutch Apple Pop Tarts
have you tried their match blend
insufferable filter guy
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

avid wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:46 pm Got a dwindling jar of one of Nording's hunter blends, in my case HB Retriever. Def wanted another tin, and a few of the other HB's sounded good, too. All out-of-stock, wherever I check. Emailed P&C, no response... :(
So this was not sarcasm? You actually emailed P&C about this? Did they get back to you?
avid

Not yet. I’m gonna try S & P or a few other vendors that list these blends as ‘temporarily unavailable’...
insufferable filter guy
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

avid wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:40 pm Not yet. I’m gonna try S & P or a few other vendors that list these blends as ‘temporarily unavailable’...
You do realize nobody has any? Maybe some old obscure mom and pop tobacco shop with no internet presence might have a tin. If you really want some start calling every smoke shop, all of them. Or be prepared to drop $50-100+ on ebay. The Nording tins were going for the same rate as regular Mc after the closure because everyone knows they're McClelland produced.