Dunhill Comeback!

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:06 pm It's good news
Ditto
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I see no mention or pics of DNR anywhere. Unbelievable!
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Still not clear when these are gonna hit our shores. Dunhill was basically the only brand that made Latakia blends I enjoyed. I basically smoked EMP and 965 only for about 8 years before I figured out that pipe stuff was on the interwebs.. it would be nice to have those blends(non-match) around for old time's sake.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:51 pm Still not clear when these are gonna hit our shores. Dunhill was basically the only brand that made Latakia blends I enjoyed. I basically smoked EMP and 965 only for about 8 years before I figured out that pipe stuff was on the interwebs.. it would be nice to have those blends(non-match) around for old time's sake.
Cup O' Joe's had it all today, no tin limits. Story Tellers Pipe had some earlier today, two tin limit.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bro Uhaha wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:02 pm
houtenziel wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:51 pm Still not clear when these are gonna hit our shores. Dunhill was basically the only brand that made Latakia blends I enjoyed. I basically smoked EMP and 965 only for about 8 years before I figured out that pipe stuff was on the interwebs.. it would be nice to have those blends(non-match) around for old time's sake.
Cup O' Joe's had it all today, no tin limits. Story Tellers Pipe had some earlier today, two tin limit.
Gotcha.. I guess I missed the part where they were all sold under the Peterson brand. Kinda weirdin' me out to see that logo on that tin.

Edit.. and it looks like McConnell has some clones too? Gonna need a guide to figure out what is what..
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha

houtenziel wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:08 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:02 pm
Gotcha.. I guess I missed the part where they were all sold under the Peterson brand. Kinda weirdin' me out to see that logo on that tin.
Oh, I'll be keeping my rolls of Dunhills, BUT if the STG Peterson EMP and Nightcap is good, I'll be having them shipped by freight.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm I see no mention or pics of DNR anywhere. Unbelievable!
Looks like McConnel has a DNR analogue..
https://www.cupojoes.com/robert-mcconne ... e-50g-tin/
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bro Uhaha wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:20 pm Image
You were prepared! I, unfortunately, am a smoke what I can get, when I can get it sorta person. I've been thinking about changing though.. :lol:
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha

houtenziel wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:37 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:20 pm Image
You were prepared! I, unfortunately, am a smoke what I can get, when I can get it sorta person. I've been thinking about changing though.. :lol:
It's a fortunate byproduct of my 'prepper' tendencies. Always waiting for the Big Ban that kills online tobacco sales. Truth is, all I really need is Carter Hall and my cobs, and heck, I've got the know-how to grow and twist my own it if needed - BUT while the getting is good I stow things I like away for hard times. 7 years fat, 7 years lean...