You Can Have It

Whalehead King

Even the weirdest tobaccos I've smoked and didn't like, I'd buy another tin. Life isn't all burley and roses. Even a bad bowl is better than a good day of fishing, unless you were smoking that bowl of crummy tobacco while you were fishing. It is very hard to get really crummy tobacco nowadays. When was the last time you opened a new pouch and found worms, or mold, or blight? Never. I wouldn't trust that company.

Everything else? It's neither here nor there to me. I don't have a deep cellar. I pay as I go, picking up tins and ideas along the way. Right now, I'm packing a bowl from a nine ounce plastic bag of Virginia Gold. Nobody would have recommended a tobacco like this when I got started. Probably few people will recommend it now. Codger that I am, I find this a perfect everyday smoke. I would have turned up my nose at the very idea of it even four years ago.

There are bad smokes but there are no bad tobacco blends. Take it from someone who loves LJ Piretti's No Name.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:22 pm Even the weirdest tobaccos I've smoked and didn't like, I'd buy another tin. Life isn't all burley and roses. Even a bad bowl is better than a good day of fishing, unless you were smoking that bowl of crummy tobacco while you were fishing. It is very hard to get really crummy tobacco nowadays. When was the last time you opened a new pouch and found worms, or mold, or blight? Never. I wouldn't trust that company.

Everything else? It's neither here nor there to me. I don't have a deep cellar. I pay as I go, picking up tins and ideas along the way. Right now, I'm packing a bowl from a nine ounce plastic bag of Virginia Gold. Nobody would have recommended a tobacco like this when I got started. Probably few people will recommend it now. Codger that I am, I find this a perfect everyday smoke. I would have turned up my nose at the very idea of it even four years ago.

There are bad smokes but there are no bad tobacco blends. Take it from someone who loves LJ Piretti's No Name.
Ah, No Name! I do not care for No Name but if came down to No Name or no smoke, I'd smoke it all day every day. I'm thankful that choice is hypothetical!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I will have to second Velvet.. it tastes like kraft blue cheese dressing to me for some reason. Also most blends that contain high amounts of/very intense orientals. Most orientals remind me of the smell of snake musk(especially with Latakia on top of it), and it grosses me out. Pretty much all the sharp Virginias are out for me too. Which basically just leaves Burley, with a little Burley shaken in.. and maybe a tad more Burley.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I'm going to buy this pipe to smoke crappy ass blends that I don't like.. But I feel guilty throwing out!

What blend would y'all smoke out of this thing. What blend is in your stash.. that you don't like.. But don't wanna throw out?
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Full blown aromatics. They just don't do it for me. Keep all your cherry vanilla mixed berry chocolate peach garbage.

MacBaren vanilla flake is one exception that I'd consider a full blown aro. That one is a home run
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Haven't had a GLP, Hearth and Home or C&D Blend worth a rats ass. .. except for I think there was one c&d I thought was ok , semi recently , but just wouldn't repurchase . I don't know which it was . C&D , say back in the 90's , had a few I liked but no longer becaise something changed with therm about a decade or so ago

Other than all those blends , there's probably something else . Oh , in General ... soap flavored aromatics . I can tolerate a few because the soap gets washed away after a little bit , especially if it is not fresh , but the initial light up is unpleasant . Ennerdale was ok to good when not fresh but the soap aromatics, I just don't care for

Oh yeah , Germain blends . I mean , if those Redcoats don't want to send us Yankees their product , then the next time we fight therm , we'll just drop a couple dozen Moab on their little island :) ... I mean , who wants Royal Jersery Perique any way
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Chef Benny wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:14 pm Image

I'm going to buy this pipe to smoke crappy ass blends that I don't like.. But I feel guilty throwing out!

What blend would y'all smoke out of this thing. What blend is in your stash.. that you don't like.. But don't wanna throw out?
If there's a blend I don't like I can usually find someone who does . Oh , I wouldn't smoke that pipe .. lol ... but if [mention]Mr Beardsley[/mention] smoked it , it would be a crapper that at least smelled good
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I wouldn't smoke that pipe either but I may buy it as a joke.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Get you a Nording Shorty. The bowl insert is made out of porcelain, so it'd be about as close to smoking out of a toilet as you'd get. When you are done, you can shake some Comet in there and give it a scrub. :lol:

Weirdly, I kinda want to buy one. I am a sucker for gimmicks, what can I say?
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:46 pm Get you a Nording Shorty. The bowl insert is made out of porcelain, so it'd be about as close to smoking out of a toilet as you'd get. When you are done, you can shake some Comet in there and give it a scrub. :lol:

Weirdly, I kinda want to buy one. I am a sucker for gimmicks, what can I say?
Am curious about the gravel you put in those.
Is it kitty litter or what?