Your Blend Recipes

Post Reply
Johnny
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 616
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:37 am
Location: New York

Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:39 pm

Just started pressing a new blend. We'll see how it is in a couple weeks...

17% Perique
25% Bright BA
25% Red VA
17% Burley Ribbon
8% Dark Burley
8% White Burley
This post by Johnny liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyPeacockFlyfish Falls
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:35 pm

Johnny wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:39 pm
Just started pressing a new blend. We'll see how it is in a couple weeks...

17% Perique
25% Bright BA
25% Red VA
17% Burley Ribbon
8% Dark Burley
8% White Burley
I ordered mine two weeks ago, and somehow everyone got theirs before me!
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 2):
PeacockJohnny
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:22 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:35 pm
Johnny wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:39 pm
Just started pressing a new blend. We'll see how it is in a couple weeks...

17% Perique
25% Bright BA
25% Red VA
17% Burley Ribbon
8% Dark Burley
8% White Burley
I ordered mine two weeks ago, and somehow everyone got theirs before me!
From Amazon or from China?
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
Johnny
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Johnny
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 616
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:37 am
Location: New York

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:42 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:35 pm
Johnny wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:39 pm
Just started pressing a new blend. We'll see how it is in a couple weeks...

17% Perique
25% Bright BA
25% Red VA
17% Burley Ribbon
8% Dark Burley
8% White Burley
I ordered mine two weeks ago, and somehow everyone got theirs before me!
Ordered mine from amazon with prime. It arrived two days after ordering. I'm always hesitant to order from China... takes forever and sometimes things just don't show up
This post by Johnny liked by:
Mr Beardsley
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:44 pm

I lost my patience. And yes I know it's heavier than the math I posted. I went big on the actual mix
Image
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 5):
JohnnyrekamepipPeacockBruyere_Royalesteamboat
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Johnny
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 616
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:37 am
Location: New York

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:47 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:44 pm
I lost my patience. And yes I know it's heavier than the math I posted. I went big on the actual mix
Image
That's a heck of a plug! I only did 30g for the initial try. I figure if I don't like it, it's only about an ounce. No water or anything added. Hopefully it sticks together like yours did
This post by Johnny liked by (total 2):
PeacockBruyere_Royale
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:59 pm

Johnny wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:47 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:44 pm
I lost my patience. And yes I know it's heavier than the math I posted. I went big on the actual mix
Image
That's a heck of a plug! I only did 30g for the initial try. I figure if I don't like it, it's only about an ounce. No water or anything added. Hopefully it sticks together like yours did
I'm more of a throw caution to the wind guy lol. I like all of the components I put in it on their own so I'm sure I can at least tolerate this
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
JohnnyPeacockBruyere_Royale
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Johnny
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 616
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:37 am
Location: New York

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:03 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:59 pm
Johnny wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:47 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:44 pm
I lost my patience. And yes I know it's heavier than the math I posted. I went big on the actual mix
Image
That's a heck of a plug! I only did 30g for the initial try. I figure if I don't like it, it's only about an ounce. No water or anything added. Hopefully it sticks together like yours did
I'm more of a throw caution to the wind guy lol. I like all of the components I put in it on their own so I'm sure I can at least tolerate this
Understandable. I like the blend style I'm trying. A VA forward VABurPer. Trying to get the proportions right for a permanent installation into the rotation. I have a good feeling about the current iteration but unsure if it's too heavy on the bright leaf
This post by Johnny liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyPeacockBruyere_Royale
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:44 pm
I lost my patience. And yes I know it's heavier than the math I posted. I went big on the actual mix
Image
Man! That sucker looks dense!
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleyJohnnyPeacockBruyere_Royale
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:22 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:48 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:44 pm
I lost my patience. And yes I know it's heavier than the math I posted. I went big on the actual mix
Image
Man! That sucker looks dense!
3.7oz just under 1.5" tall. I could put it through a window pretty easily :lol:
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 4):
JohnnyhoutenzielPeacockBruyere_Royale
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Post Reply