New Legislation

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

I was at the local B&M yesterday and learned some interesting news. It seems that there is going to be a ban on selling flavored tobacco: including cigars and pipe tobacco. Also pipe tobacco will not be sold out of glass jars. Its ok to sell weed out of glass jars but not pipe tobacco. The ban is coming, better stock up.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Middle Earth

We shall see
So far we have had more new blends then I ever remember
In spite of the deeming date
Whalehead King

rlucas wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:21 pm I was at the local B&M yesterday and learned some interesting news. It seems that there is going to be a ban on selling flavored tobacco: including cigars and pipe tobacco. Also pipe tobacco will not be sold out of glass jars. Its ok to sell weed out of glass jars but not pipe tobacco. The ban is coming, better stock up.
Are we talking about Kentucky only?
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

The type of law is already in effect in Marin County, CA. I stopped in a B&M in December and they were selling all of their aromatic blends and flavored cigars at a deep discount. The owner was concerned that the zealots may try to extend the ban with anything to a casing.
ever forward
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:11 pm
rlucas wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:21 pm I was at the local B&M yesterday and learned some interesting news. It seems that there is going to be a ban on selling flavored tobacco: including cigars and pipe tobacco. Also pipe tobacco will not be sold out of glass jars. Its ok to sell weed out of glass jars but not pipe tobacco. The ban is coming, better stock up.
Are we talking about Kentucky only?
The way I understand it, no, but I could be wrong.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Its such bull shit , isn't it .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Soon it will be easier to get marijuana than pipe tobacco. Can you see that conversation in prison.
"What are you in for?"
"Illegal pipe tobacco."
"What you some mafia guy?"
Sorry this just struck me as funny.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Our illustrious tyra....errrr.....governor, here in Virginia, is sticking his snout into tobacco also. Last I heard he is trying to do this and "ban flavored tobacco products" which would include pipe tobaccos. If you think about it, that is a very broad definition and could ban virtually ALL pipe tobaccos.
Personally, I am now stocking up on tar and feathers! Gotta feeling we are going to be using them soon in this state.
AndreRitter

It's a crazy world.
Unfortunately our glorious leaders here in police state Britain usually follow you folks like lemmings.
:uh:
CoreyR
Founding Member

rlucas wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:20 am Soon it will be easier to get marijuana than pipe tobacco. Can you see that conversation in prison.
"What are you in for?"
"Illegal pipe tobacco."
"What you some mafia guy?"
Sorry this just struck me as funny.
Doesn't sound very "funny" to me these days.