Benchmark Straight Virginias

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:27 am
Middle Earth wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:12 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:55 am You've smoked one Va, you've smoked them all. Grass and hay, grass and hay, fellas.
Haters gonna hate

On the contrary, I happen to like straight Virginia's, I just can't seem to pull the wool over my head like everyone else can.
Maybe it is the leather you are pulling over your head?
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:00 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:27 am
Middle Earth wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:12 am

Haters gonna hate

On the contrary, I happen to like straight Virginia's, I just can't seem to pull the wool over my head like everyone else can.
Velour. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:14 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:00 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:27 am On the contrary, I happen to like straight Virginia's, I just can't seem to pull the wool over my head like everyone else can.
Velour. :lol:
Fresh:
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Virginia fan here . . . with a tin or two cellared for good measure.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Starting to explore the Virginias a little more and they seem to be sitting with me alot better than my burleys were, all of a sudden throughout the last year or so burleys don't tend to agree with me anymore and they really give my mouth hell. So I had some various Virginias cellared and tried them, out of nowhere my mouth felt 10 times better. Went on a big cellaring run directly after. Mostly VApers, but also got a couple cans of straight VAs as well.
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Big Iron wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:05 pm Starting to explore the Virginias a little more and they seem to be sitting with me alot better than my burleys were, all of a sudden throughout the last year or so burleys don't tend to agree with me anymore and they really give my mouth hell. So I had some various Virginias cellared and tried them, out of nowhere my mouth felt 10 times better. Went on a big cellaring run directly after. Mostly VApers, but also got a couple cans of straight VAs as well.
When you say burley .. ate you talking straight burley , like say wessex burley slice ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

@Ruffinogold it wasn't straight burleys , but burley forward blends that were consistently giving me trouble. I've actually never tried a straight burley like wessex, but it was on the TAD list to collect at some point.
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Puff nstuff

sisyphus wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:08 am
I'll be doing a separate post on Virginia blends: VaPers, Virginias with added Kentucky, and my favorite, Virginias with added Oriental!
@sisyphus, any chance of this still happening one of these days? Or did I miss it somehow?
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Yeah I will get around to it. Glad I dragged my feet, I have blends today that would have missed the list a year ago.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Puff nstuff

sisyphus wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:21 pm Yeah I will get around to it. Glad I dragged my feet, I have blends today that would have missed the list a year ago.
Great - I'll look forward to it whenever it unfurls.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪