Altria Suck-Fest

Middle Earth

Copied this page from Milan Tobacconists web-site
Not really a surprise or cutting edge news, so please delete if this is redundant. I highlighted the parts below that summarizes the Altria Suck-Fest that has been underway and will culminate in zero Middleton pipe tobacco. Carter Hall seems certain to be the final nail.
I have some PA and some Carter Hall so there is that.
I missed that PA was discontinued.

Milan Offers Middleton Carter Hall Pipe Tobacco
Learn how to take advantage of our free shipping offer! Milan Tobacconists' Home Page
Navigation Bar
Milan Tobacconists, Inc. BBB Business Review

Click for company profile
Milan Tobacconists is a Davidoff Appointed Merchant

Tobacconist University Certified Retail Tobacconist On Staff

View Your Shopping Bag & Check Out Sign In to View Your Account or Register for One Join Our Email List! Information Regarding Milan Tobacconists' Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and Statewide Restrictions Being Followed are Provided Here. Read what customers have to say about Milan Tobacconists and share your own story!
Home » Pipe Tobacco » Middleton Pipe Tobacco
MIDDLETON HAS DISCONTINUED PRODUCTION OF ALL PIPE TOBACCO
*EXCEPT* CARTER HALL CANISTERS/POUCHES.

Find the Perfect Gift for the Cigar & Pipe Smoker On Your List and Take 10% Off at Checkout with Code HOHOHO!
MIDDLETON PIPE TOBACCO
John Middleton's first tobacco shop was established in 1856, located across the way from the Philadelphia Stock Exchange and a "short haul" from the city's busy waterfront. Ships' captains, their crews, stockbrokers, and students from the University of Pennsylvania all learned in those days that they could depend on this young merchant's recommendations. Since Middleton's inception, their focus has been on producing value priced, consistent, one-of-a-kind pipe tobacco brands.

Special Note: If you enjoyed Middleton's Cherry Blend, Kentucky Club Mild, Kentucky Club Mixture, London Dock, Royal Comfort, Sugar Barrel, or Walnut pipe tobaccos before they were discontinued by the manufacturer, we invite you to try Milan Tobacconists' "Our" blends by clicking the respective links below. We produced these blends with the support of our wonderful customers who smoked the originals for decades and volunteered to critique every blend variation we sent their way for testing.

"Our" Cherry Blend (Aromatic)
"Our" Kentucky Club Mild (Non-Aromatic)
"Our" Kentucky Club Mixture (Aromatic)
"Our" London Dock (Non-Aromatic)
"Our" Royal Comfort (Aromatic)
"Our" Sugar Barrel (Aromatic)
"Our" Walnut (English)
While we know fans of Middleton's most iconic blend ~ Prince Albert Pipe Tobacco ~ are disappointed to learn that it has been discontinued, Milan Tobacconists' Master Blender David Meyer is working to recreate the blend and anticipates testing and completion in the first quarter of 2021. The availability of "Our" Prince Albert Pipe Tobacco will be broadcast via our social media channels and email announcement. (Posted 12/1/2020)

View our selection of Middleton Pipe Tobacco Cigars here -> Middleton Pipe Tobacco Cigars

Middleton Carter Hall Pipe TobaccoCarter Hall Pipe Tobacco
Slow burning, no bite. Cross cut Burleys with a sprinkling of Virginia flake. A pleasingly sweet taste and aroma.
Size: 14 oz.
Packaging: 1 canister
Availability: In Stock
Price: $36.95 USD
Add Middleton Carter Hall Pipe Tobacco - 14 Oz. Canister To Your Shopping Bag

Packaging: 6 canisters
Availability: Notify Me!
Price: $210.60 USD (5% Discount Applied)

Packaging: 12 canisters
Price: $399.05 USD (10% Discount Applied)

Size: 1.5 oz. pouch
Packaging: 6 pouches per unit
Price: $25.65 USD

Prince Albert Pipe Tobacco - DISCONTINUED BY MIDDLETON (12/1/2020)
Middleton's most iconic blend has been discontinued. However, Milan Tobacconists' Master Blender David Meyer is working to recreate the blend and anticipates testing and completion in the first quarter of 2021. The availability of "Our" Prince Albert Pipe Tobacco will be broadcast via our social media channels and email announcement.

Select Another Pipe Tobacco Brand:
Select One

Home | Cigars | Cigar Accessories | Milan Pipe Tobacco | Pipe Tobacco | Pipes by Brand | Pipe Accessories | Lighters
Specials/What's New | Gift Ideas | About Us | Contact Us | News & Events | FAQs | The Politics of Smoking

A Member of the
Premium Cigar Association
Formerly IPCPR
Link to Premium Cigar Association's (formerly IPCPR) Web Site
Shipping & Returns Site Map Privacy Legal Security
This GeoTrust Certified secure site accepts:
We Accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal with Bill Me Later

A Great American Cigar Shop™
and Member of Cigar Rights of America's
National Tobacconist Program
Link to Cigar Rights of America's Web Site
Milan Tobacconists, Inc. • 309 South Jefferson Street, Roanoke, VA 24011 • Toll Free 877-70MILAN (64526) • customercare@milantobacco.com
Since 1912, Providing Premium Cigars, Quality Pipes, High Grade Pipe Tobacco, and Related Accessories to Discerning Cigar and Pipe Smokers From Our Tobacco Shop in Roanoke, Virginia, USA.

Join Milan Tobacconists on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest for Real-Time
Updates on New Cigars, Pipes, Pipe Tobacco, Accessories, Specials, and Other News!

Milan Tobacconists on Facebook Milan Tobacconists on Twitter Milan Tobacconists on Instagram Milan Tobacconists on YouTube Milan Tobacconists on Pinterest

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Milan Tobacconists does not sell cigarettes on this site, nor do we sell tobacco or related products to anyone under the age of 21. By entering this site, you certify that you are at least 21 years old and consent to an age and identity verification to validate that fact. Misrepresentation of your age and identity may be punishable by law.

© 2000-2020 Milan Tobacconists, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Yep. Looks like Prince Albert is definitely gone. The end of an era.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I don't want to click "like" on any of this stuff. I haven't been smoking the pipe long enough to appreciate a lot of these blends, but I've enjoyed many a bowl of Carter Hall...and I'm truly going to miss Prince Albert. *sigh*
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

You know, I am just going to throw this out there since most of the comments on these threads seem to be predicting the end. Do not forget that Dunhill vanished only to return under a different label. STG has saved a number of old school blends(Half & Half, SWR/SWRA, Sail, etc), and I don't see any reason why they couldn't or wouldn't consider saving some of these Middleton blends, assuming they are economically viable enough to make acquisition of the blends and trademarks worth it.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Middle Earth

Would be nice to see STG or who-ever pick up the mantle
In the end it has to make sense $$$-wise
Dunhill made sense apparently
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Middle Earth wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:29 am Would be nice to see STG or who-ever pick up the mantle
Thanks for posting the info on Milan! I'd never heard of them, but I checked out the website, bookmarked it, and I anticipate giving some of their products a try. Looks like a great store, too, from the virtual tour.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Middle Earth

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:31 am
Middle Earth wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:29 am Would be nice to see STG or who-ever pick up the mantle
Thanks for posting the info on Milan! I'd never heard of them, but I checked out the website, bookmarked it, and I anticipate giving some of their products a try. Looks like a great store, too, from the virtual tour.
Some great Tobaccoists left out there
They are one of them
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Alright, alright... I spoke with the owner of a certain well known online tobacco business. He told me that what is really going on is that the Middleton plant has had to shut down entirely (temporarily) due to Covid cases.

I can see why they might not want to advertise that to their customers/consumers. We'll see what happens. Still gonna stock up.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:31 am
Jefferson Street is fantastic from them. That's all I've ever tried. I think it may have been the monkfish that turned me on to it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Their stock price is still down about $6 per share from the beginning of the year. It's been averaging about $40 during the pandemic. I don't see any reason to expect the stock to jump, especially with this news.

The stock does pay a dividend of $3.44 per share per annum. If you owned a million shares of Altria (ticker: MO), you could live pretty well off that.

I don't own any Altria stock but the only Middleton blend I ever liked was Apple, which was discontinued about four years ago, a harbinger of things to come.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.