Altria Suck-Fest

User avatar
Citizen B
Senior Member
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:35 pm ... I'm sure cranking out tubs of Carter Hall and Prince Albert that collect dust in plain tobacco shops doesn't look good on an executive's spreadsheet. Why bother when they can take that capital and invest it in further diversified products which will sell: "Spicy Nacho Cheese Flavored Black & Mild? Sold!!!"
We romanticize ye olde pipe shoppe with yt's dusty jars that have been aging for a decade because you know that's the best tobacco, the one that's aged. I suspect that most tobacco retailers want to move inventory rather than serve as everybody's collective cellar. The real money is made in a convenience store found on every corner and not in a pipe shop found.....how many B&M tobacconists are there in the U.S. nowadays? 15?

I would try Spicy Nacho Cheese Flavor. Cranking up the flavor worked with those Dorito Tacos at Taco Bell. To eat one is love it.

Black & Mild is a machine made cigar and there is no other tobacco product that can rival a machine made cigar on predictable flavor and consistency and downright enjoyable smoke-ability. Capt. Black makes machine made cigars. Why can't we have Carter Hall cigars?
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 4):
Dr UhahaBruyere_RoyaleThelonious monkfishMaynard
---They'll paint daisies on my coffin.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Citizen B wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:01 pm
Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:35 pm ... I'm sure cranking out tubs of Carter Hall and Prince Albert that collect dust in plain tobacco shops doesn't look good on an executive's spreadsheet. Why bother when they can take that capital and invest it in further diversified products which will sell: "Spicy Nacho Cheese Flavored Black & Mild? Sold!!!"
We romanticize ye olde pipe shoppe with yt's dusty jars that have been aging for a decade because you know that's the best tobacco, the one that's aged. I suspect that most tobacco retailers want to move inventory rather than serve as everybody's collective cellar. The real money is made in a convenience store found on every corner and not in a pipe shop found.....how many B&M tobacconists are there in the U.S. nowadays? 15?

I would try Spicy Nacho Cheese Flavor. Cranking up the flavor worked with those Dorito Tacos at Taco Bell. To eat one is love it.

Black & Mild is a machine made cigar and there is no other tobacco product that can rival a machine made cigar on predictable flavor and consistency and downright enjoyable smoke-ability. Capt. Black makes machine made cigars. Why can't we have Carter Hall cigars?
I'd smoke a Carter Hall cigar. ✔
This post by Dr Uhaha liked by (total 3):
HoutenzielThelonious monkfishMaynard
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:15 pm Their stock price is still down about $6 per share from the beginning of the year. It's been averaging about $40 during the pandemic. I don't see any reason to expect the stock to jump, especially with this news.

The stock does pay a dividend of $3.44 per share per annum. If you owned a million shares of Altria (ticker: MO), you could live pretty well off that.

I don't own any Altria stock but the only Middleton blend I ever liked was Apple, which was discontinued about four years ago, a harbinger of things to come.
Surely you liked some of their blends other than Apple 🍎 ? Sugar barrel .... walnut ... royal comfort ...wine berry ( lol , that one was awful)

Well , sob .... im gonna but up the Carter hall and oa thats around .

Dear God... pa soft vanilla and cherry vanilla... both excellent

Sometimes I feel like I'm going to out last every otc blend
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 4):
Citizen BHoutenzielThelonious monkfishMaynard
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
User avatar
Citizen B
Senior Member
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:56 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:15 pm Their stock price is still down about $6 per share from the beginning of the year. It's been averaging about $40 during the pandemic. I don't see any reason to expect the stock to jump, especially with this news.

The stock does pay a dividend of $3.44 per share per annum. If you owned a million shares of Altria (ticker: MO), you could live pretty well off that.

I don't own any Altria stock but the only Middleton blend I ever liked was Apple, which was discontinued about four years ago, a harbinger of things to come.
Surely you liked some of their blends other than Apple 🍎 ? Sugar barrel .... walnut ... royal comfort ...wine berry ( lol , that one was awful)

Well , sob .... im gonna but up the Carter hall and oa thats around .

Dear God... pa soft vanilla and cherry vanilla... both excellent

Sometimes I feel like I'm going to out last every otc blend
Now that you mention it, I did like two blends. I liked WineBerry. I liked that one a lot, now that you've reminded me. Now I'm sad.

I have about 3/4 of a tub of Sugar Barrel and 3/4 of a tub of Walnut. I don't like either one. The only reason I'm saving these three-quarter tubs is because I'm too lazy to trade them for something I like better. I like the Walnut art more than the Sugar Barrel art, but, for me, neither is a prize and they sit around gathering dust.

A dusty tub is a well-aged tub. They are both about 9 years old. Maybe they're good by now. I'm in no rush to find out.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishMaynard
---They'll paint daisies on my coffin.
User avatar
rekamepip
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 761
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm

A Cruel Cruel World
☹️
This post by rekamepip liked by (total 3):
Dr UhahaThelonious monkfishMaynard
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil
Posts: 8119
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Citizen B wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:01 pm
Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:35 pm ... I'm sure cranking out tubs of Carter Hall and Prince Albert that collect dust in plain tobacco shops doesn't look good on an executive's spreadsheet. Why bother when they can take that capital and invest it in further diversified products which will sell: "Spicy Nacho Cheese Flavored Black & Mild? Sold!!!"
We romanticize ye olde pipe shoppe with yt's dusty jars that have been aging for a decade because you know that's the best tobacco, the one that's aged. I suspect that most tobacco retailers want to move inventory rather than serve as everybody's collective cellar. The real money is made in a convenience store found on every corner and not in a pipe shop found.....how many B&M tobacconists are there in the U.S. nowadays? 15?

I would try Spicy Nacho Cheese Flavor. Cranking up the flavor worked with those Dorito Tacos at Taco Bell. To eat one is love it.

Black & Mild is a machine made cigar and there is no other tobacco product that can rival a machine made cigar on predictable flavor and consistency and downright enjoyable smoke-ability. Capt. Black makes machine made cigars. Why can't we have Carter Hall cigars?
We have Middleton Cherry cigars.. they sell them at Wawa and every week I see the stack getting smaller and smaller and three weeks later they're back in full force. People are buying them.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by:
Maynard
.............🎳
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil
Posts: 8119
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Thank goodness for Sutliff.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 4):
HoutenzielRuffinogoldThelonious monkfishMaynard
.............🎳
User avatar
Houtenziel
Codger in Training
Posts: 3556
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:04 pm Thank goodness for Sutliff.
This. I don't mean to kick a fella while he's down, but seriously there is so much good tobacco out there to smoke that I don't see a reason to be upset. There is a season for everything, and apparently Middleton is ready to move from the present to sweet memory.. Smoke some Prince Andrew or Chatham Manor and remember the good ol' days fondly.
This post by Houtenziel liked by (total 5):
Dr UhahaThelonious monkfishMaynardBruyere_RoyaleMr Beardsley
---------------------------------------------------------
“A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.”
― C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:04 pm Thank goodness for Sutliff.
agree . sutliff is pretty awesome
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
Bruyere_Royale
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Citizen B wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:02 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:56 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:15 pm Their stock price is still down about $6 per share from the beginning of the year. It's been averaging about $40 during the pandemic. I don't see any reason to expect the stock to jump, especially with this news.

The stock does pay a dividend of $3.44 per share per annum. If you owned a million shares of Altria (ticker: MO), you could live pretty well off that.

I don't own any Altria stock but the only Middleton blend I ever liked was Apple, which was discontinued about four years ago, a harbinger of things to come.
Surely you liked some of their blends other than Apple 🍎 ? Sugar barrel .... walnut ... royal comfort ...wine berry ( lol , that one was awful)

Well , sob .... im gonna but up the Carter hall and oa thats around .

Dear God... pa soft vanilla and cherry vanilla... both excellent

Sometimes I feel like I'm going to out last every otc blend
Now that you mention it, I did like two blends. I liked WineBerry. I liked that one a lot, now that you've reminded me. Now I'm sad.

I have about 3/4 of a tub of Sugar Barrel and 3/4 of a tub of Walnut. I don't like either one. The only reason I'm saving these three-quarter tubs is because I'm too lazy to trade them for something I like better. I like the Walnut art more than the Sugar Barrel art, but, for me, neither is a prize and they sit around gathering dust.

A dusty tub is a well-aged tub. They are both about 9 years old. Maybe they're good by now. I'm in no rush to find out.
Im trying to remember if the royal comfort wasnt the really weird one . heck , its been a long time since I had either . I lived in Jersey last time I had them . Havent been back since the 80's
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleCitizen B
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
Post Reply