European members, who is your online tobacconist?

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

karaolos wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:00 am Thank you for your welcome and suggestions. Unfortunately UK based tobacconist don't ship outside of the UK right now. Even if they did, after their domestic tobacco tax and taxation on my end, it would become extremely expensive.

The one I found is hacico.de , based in Germany. Still waiting for the order to arrive. They mostly carry cigars and EU made pipe tobaccos. I guess there is some shortage now because most blends were out of stock. Maybe check them out and if everything goes well, I'd be happy to accommodate a cigar or two for PSF members in the future.
Well, there ya go! You’re not in the EU? Just use a US company then unless there is tobacco you want that they can’t supply. I know they ship internationally. If any of my answers/suggestions have already been covered above it’s because I didn’t read everything very carefully. Lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Jlando19

karaolos wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:00 am Thank you for your welcome and suggestions. Unfortunately UK based tobacconist don't ship outside of the UK right now. Even if they did, after their domestic tobacco tax and taxation on my end, it would become extremely expensive.

The one I found is hacico.de , based in Germany. Still waiting for the order to arrive. They mostly carry cigars and EU made pipe tobaccos. I guess there is some shortage now because most blends were out of stock. Maybe check them out and if everything goes well, I'd be happy to accommodate a cigar or two for PSF members in the future.
My apologies. I am not cultured enough to realize the recommendation I made was not European. I think in my mind the UK is a lot more than it really is. Lol.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Jlando19 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:40 am

My apologies. I am not cultured enough to realize the recommendation I made was not European. I think in my mind the UK is a lot more than it really is. Lol.
I read recently that the UK is almost exactly the same size as New Mexico
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Jlando19 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:40 am

I think in my mind the UK is a lot more than it really is. Lol.
No, it's less...lots less! lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
karaolos

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:10 am Well, there ya go! You’re not in the EU? Just use a US company then unless there is tobacco you want that they can’t supply. I know they ship internationally. If any of my answers/suggestions have already been covered above it’s because I didn’t read everything very carefully. Lol
I am in the EU, so I can order tobacco from other EU countries up to a certain limit "for private use" and not pay any tax on it (because it's already paid in the country of origin).
Jlando19 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:40 am My apologies. I am not cultured enough to realize the recommendation I made was not European. I think in my mind the UK is a lot more than it really is. Lol.
Definitely no apology needed. The UK has always been half in the European Union and half outside - now to be fully outside... Geographically in Europe, yes, but now outside of the European Economic Zone (or whatever it's called).

As you can tell, this taxation situation is essential knowledge for the remote pipe smoker :D
karaolos

For future reference, my order from hacico.de arrived today. Everything seems to be in order, no complaints. Will follow up with a larger order...