LJ Peretti "Whiskey Cavendish"

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:23 pm
Citizen B wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:10 pm I do think that LJ Piretti does make their own blends. I don't think they are repackaged Lane blends, but, who knows, especially with something like whiskey? or cherry? or chocolate? I have never seen any reason to doubt Piretti's authenticity.

My favorite Piretti blends are Park Square and No Name, which are two blends that have to be made in house because no one else makes anything close to it. Park Square is pure tobacco goodness. No Name is Mixture 79 on steroids.

I hate to hear bad things about Piretti because they were my tobacconist when I lived in Boston, but, I know, they are cantankerous and do whatever they do without much concern for customer satisfaction or market forces. They've earned the right, and I would want them to be any different, but, I know they can be a pain in the neck. I thought that when I was. a weekly in person customer.
No Name is good, I smoked a few ounces of that stuff a few years ago.
I'm overdue for an order. I didn't take advantage of the 20% off M79 sale on SmokingPipes because I think I would rather go full overload lavender floral with No Name. A phone call to Piretti is in my near future. We should make a thread about that, like a Lakeland month. I don't know who keeps track of what month is what, I think KK. I'm not gong to push it but if the idea has legs, I'll buy even more No Name than I was planning on buying.

BTW:

Iwan Ries in Chicago is a better pipe shop than LJ Piretti in Boston, but, LJ Piretti is the better tobacconist. We can debate that, too, if anyone wants to.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:10 pm I do think that LJ Piretti does make their own blends. I don't think they are repackaged Lane blends, but, who knows, especially with something like whiskey? or cherry? or chocolate? I have never seen any reason to doubt Piretti's authenticity.

My favorite Piretti blends are Park Square and No Name, which are two blends that have to be made in house because no one else makes anything close to it. Park Square is pure tobacco goodness. No Name is Mixture 79 on steroids.

I hate to hear bad things about Piretti because they were my tobacconist when I lived in Boston, but, I know, they are cantankerous and do whatever they do without much concern for customer satisfaction or market forces. They've earned the right, and I would want them to be any different, but, I know they can be a pain in the neck. I thought that when I was. a weekly in person customer.
Oh, I have some more samples, as well as a couple of outright purchases, from them. More reviews are coming and at least two of them are looking much better than this one was!