A thought on blending

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

So, I have a blend of cherry tobacco that is really wet. I have some burley that is kinda dry. If I mix them, the drier burley should soak up any excess moisture. Correct, or am I thinking wrong? Going to give it a go today before I go to work. Maybe a mix ratio of 50% in a jar and see what happens.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Middle Earth

Those "wet" aeros never dry out for me
I believe it is the PG
Have some holiday gifts that I have be using as potpourri for a long freaking time
Since I have never done it, I will be following along to see those with actual experience have to say on this
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

ImageApprox ratio of ready rubbed to cherry. I did add more cherry cuz it looked a little short. On the Bayou was previously in the jar.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I like to throw some Walnut in aros to mix things up a bit.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'd mix that cherry with the burley and smoke it till kingdom come! I think you'll be very happy with the results. If it was me mixing, I'd do a 50/50 cherry and burley.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Burly absorbs flavor from anything it is mixed with so it would probably thin out the PG content too along with the moisture. It may take a while.
Jlando19

Have attempted. Can confirm. I used Cult Blood Red Moon and Picayune. Taste great, puts hair in places you didn't think you could grow hair, gets the bowels moving.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Everything is better with additional Perique or Burley. Drying tip, little dish on a dashboard on a sunny day. You can cook bread on a dash in full sun, never had any trouble drying anything out on one.
Bamarick

Middle Earth wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:56 am Those "wet" aeros never dry out for me
I believe it is the PG
Have some holiday gifts that I have be using as potpourri for a long freaking time
Since I have never done it, I will be following along to see those with actual experience have to say on this
My brain isn't functioning at full capacity this morning so please remind me what "PG" is. Thanks!
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:05 pm Everything is better with additional Perique or Burley.
Adding Black Cav (BC) fixes a world of sin for me. I think the best thing I ever did was to mix BC with Erinmore Mixture. Wow! Dryer the better too!! So good!

Some of my favorites
BC/Velvet=Black Velvet
BC/Half&Half= Black&Tan
BC/Middleton Cherry=Black Cherry
BC/Middleton Walnut=Black Walnut

Walnut in aros like Sutliff Vanilla Custard or Rum& Maple is killer!

One thing I found when I mixed and jarred a bunch of BC/Half&Half= Black&Tan (it's that good) was that I didn't like it after it aged. The flavor was downplayed or mellowed. No bueno. For me, no exact measurements mixed on the fly in the palm of my hand one bowl at a time is the way to go. Your mileage may vary.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom