Lane BCA. Any good?

Armycw2

It is my favorite tobacco!
“If you can't send money, send tobacco.” GEN George Washington
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:02 pm Mix it 2 to 1 with straight Latakia. 🙂 you’ll get an awesome smoke that’s @Bruyere_Royale approved 😳but known by a name that makes it less than attractive: CHOCOLATE MANHOOD. I didn’t name it.
Mix a bit of perique in and it's even better! I made a batch in the noodle press and turned it into ash in a hurry
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I'm a big fan of Smokers Pride Black Cav. As good as BCA and cheaper as noted above. Enjoy B!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Lane BCA is a benchmark black Cavendish. It's good on its own and what's really lovely about it is that you can add a touch of another aromatic and get a flavoring going on without going over board .
My most smoked aro these days is BCA , or another simple all black Cavendish , with an added touch of a cherry , usually either 7 seas red or captain black cherry ( whichni dint care bourbon it's own but a touch goes a long way)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:50 am I'm a big fan of Smokers Pride Black Cav. As good as BCA and cheaper as noted above. Enjoy B!
Smokers pride is so damn good man
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I've been smoking it straight and I like it. Smooth, cool, no gurgle, nice and full of flavor. I don't have much interest in blending it with anything else. It's a solid smoke as it is and I don't want to mess with it. I can see how this would be a good base tobacco fo fiddle around with and parfait some bowls and whatnot but I gave up that game a long time ago.

This is a solid smoke. I'll look into Smokers' Pride when I finish these 4 ounces but I tend to be a Super-Value man and I have about 2 pounds of Super-Value tobacco sitting unopened on my desk right now so I'm not going to research Smokers' Pride any time soon. I've got my hands full with an embarrassment of riches.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:36 pm I've been smoking it straight and I like it. Smooth, cool, no gurgle, nice and full of flavor. I don't have much interest in blending it with anything else. It's a solid smoke as it is and I don't want to mess with it. I can see how this would be a good base tobacco fo fiddle around with and parfait some bowls and whatnot but I gave up that game a long time ago.

This is a solid smoke. I'll look into Smokers' Pride when I finish these 4 ounces but I tend to be a Super-Value man and I have about 2 pounds of Super-Value tobacco sitting unopened on my desk right now so I'm not going to research Smokers' Pride any time soon. I've got my hands full with an embarrassment of riches.
Nothing is as cool and smooth as an all black Cavendish

Siper value makes great blends too . Their black and gold is very similar to the sutliff smooth black and gold

Lane makes smokers pride and sutliff makes super value . Imho , I think sutliff is the king of aro flavoring
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:36 pm I've been smoking it straight and I like it. Smooth, cool, no gurgle, nice and full of flavor. I don't have much interest in blending it with anything else. It's a solid smoke as it is and I don't want to mess with it. I can see how this would be a good base tobacco fo fiddle around with and parfait some bowls and whatnot but I gave up that game a long time ago.

Super Value is Andy Taylor, goooooood! I like Sutliff tobacco very much. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have the many match blends we enjoy today.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom