Lane BCA. Any good?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

One of my tenants showed up unannounced and gave me 4 ounces of Lane BCA. I can't keep Lane's naming system straight so I don't know what this is. I know it's probably good, since it's Lane, but is it 4 ounces good?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

If you like black cavendish its supposed to be one of the best. I used to add a small amount to some blends to mellow them out. Smoked alone I found it too sweet and cloying. Its better to me by far than the vanilla cavendish. Smokers Pride Black Cavendish tastes exactly the same to me and its cheaper. I have not smoked either one in ages.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

It's a favorite of the Mayor!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

BCA = black cavendish. If you like Cavendish it's good. As noted by Lostdog, the Smoker's Pride tastes exactly the same. Because it is, check the bag, it's Lane.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Mix it 2 to 1 with straight Latakia. 🙂 you’ll get an awesome smoke that’s @Bruyere_Royale approved 😳but known by a name that makes it less than attractive: CHOCOLATE MANHOOD. I didn’t name it.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Tsal
Forum Decorum

ncrobb wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:02 pm Mix it 2 to 1 with straight Latakia. 🙂 you’ll get an awesome smoke that’s @Bruyere_Royale approved 😳but known by a name that makes it less than attractive: CHOCOLATE MANHOOD. I didn’t name it.
It is really good and now that you mentioned it, I could go for some. Gonna add it to the list.. which lat did you buy on that last batch?
The Troll Whisperer
ncrobb
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:10 pm
ncrobb wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:02 pm Mix it 2 to 1 with straight Latakia. 🙂 you’ll get an awesome smoke that’s @Bruyere_Royale approved 😳but known by a name that makes it less than attractive: CHOCOLATE MANHOOD. I didn’t name it.
It is really good and now that you mentioned it, I could go for some. Gonna add it to the list.. which lat did you buy on that last batch?
I’m not sure Tom, I pick it up at a B&M called McCranies in Charlotte. They keep it in bulk to mix their house blends.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Bamarick

It's great to tone down the harshness of tobacco such as Picayune which I simply can't handle alone.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

It is a very smooth, consistently flavored smoke.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
BriarPipeNYC

Let BCA dry out for a few hours if U-R gonna smoke it straight. Good blending tobacco...it smooths out those rough edges when it's mixed into some ballsier blends.