A Question About GH Dark Flake

sisyphus
Person of Interest

I've only had the unscented version, which I like.

My favorite of this type of tobacco is Samuel Gawith 1792. In that case, I feel the topping takes the base tobaccos to a higher level and makes it even better.

I have a tendency to not like GH toppings much, except for Rum Flake, which I adore.

Looking at the toppings used for Dark Flake Aromatic, it sounds like they're using the same toppings Rum Flake gets, plus tonquin. If that's the case, I would love it.

I want a couple boxes of GH Dark Flake, and if the topping used on the aromatic version is anything at all like Rum Flake or 1792 I want to go that way. If it's granny perfume I want the unscented. Steer me the right way, thanks.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I can't help here. I wonder if @Bruyere_Royale has more experience with this type of tobacco?
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

DFA tastes like soda. Believe Bruyere specifies flat soda, but that's about the flavor I get. Not perfume.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Yes, dark aromatic flake is fantastic...smells strongly like flat Coca-Cola tastes and you get that when you light up but dissipates once you get into it, no granny perfume about it, nothing at all like 1792 or rum flake but you'll definitely know your smoking G.H.
The Troll Whisperer
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I have only smoked one tin of Dark Flake Aromatic. Maybe I got a dud tin, but I couldn't detect much of any topping. Just a faint ghost of something in the background I couldn't Identify. At the same time I had a tin of Dark Flake that had the same faint ghost of a topping that shouldn't have been there.. They tasted the same to me. Both were a good smoke. 1792 is a great smoke that I absolutely love. I like that Tonquin Bean. Perfumed tobacco like Ennerdale tastes horrible to me. Granny's Drawers in spades. Coniston Cut plug is a terrific smoke you should try if you are a Tonquin Bean fan. Its not as up front with it like 1792 but its there from start to finish. Coniston Cut Plug and 1792 Flake. Both winners for me. If I can't get one, the other will do just fine. The trouble is, finding the darn stuff for sale.