Summer Smokes

Jlando19

Dr Uhaha wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:26 pm I think the summer/winter blend thing is a bit overblown. So is the food pairing business, cake-engineering, and packing method orthodoxy. Right now I am smoking a VaPer and tonight I'll be smoking a lightly topped Burley.

Nobody is around to correct me. Image
I understand this sentiment clearly. Who's gonna stop me from smoking whatever I desire!
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Jlando19

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:28 pm Here is another recent thread on this very issue.

viewtopic.php?t=2312
Had I done my research and found this thread I would have just added to the conversation there. Derp.....
Jlando19

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:28 pm I smoke the same things all year...
I think I've been on here long enough to have noticed that! It's something to aspire to in my opinion.
Jlando19

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:33 pm Here in Jersey it's 100 degrees so Latakia can stay packed away until Fall, it's strictly va's for me all the way in the summer. The more expensive and fancy the better...Reiners long cut fits the bill.

Good to see you, Sir!
It is wildly hot in Texas too. Though we have been getting more rain then usual and it reminds me of Louisiana a bit. That's a good thing. One of my last purchases was the Va/per Rimboche. I'll have to pull that out.

Good to see you too friend.
Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:05 pm

Super-Value.
Cup o Joe's is having a sale right now!
https://www.cupojoes.com/packaged-tobacco/super-value/
Jlando19

Big Iron wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:09 pm I'll still smoke an English in the summer but for me personally va/pers have been soaring in these sultry months. Luxury navy flake has been the top dog of the summer for me hands down.
PSLNF is a favorite!
Jlando19

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:31 pm I too have been mostly smoking VaPers and the occasional lighter OTC burley blend like SWR. It was Drexel VIII that really hit the gong for me, and though I've since tried Orlik GS and PS LNF, it remains my favorite right now, maybe because it arrives with at least four years of aging on it. It's sweet and mellow.
Maybe I can still find some of that Drexel.
Jlando19

sisyphus wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:34 pm VaPers, sugar sweet golden Va's, tangy sweet red Va's
burley 24/7/365
What is a sugar sweet golden Va that you would recommend? I tried Mc Barens Pure Virginia and either wasn't enjoying it properly or it just wasn't for me.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Jlando19 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:07 am
Big Iron wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:09 pm I'll still smoke an English in the summer but for me personally va/pers have been soaring in these sultry months. Luxury navy flake has been the top dog of the summer for me hands down.
PSLNF is a favorite!
That is a good one! I think I have a probably 10 pounds of that in the jar. The general question, I don’t discriminate about what I smoke anytime of year. I’m liable to smoke anything anytime!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Puff nstuff

Jlando19 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:08 am
Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:31 pm I too have been mostly smoking VaPers and the occasional lighter OTC burley blend like SWR. It was Drexel VIII that really hit the gong for me, and though I've since tried Orlik GS and PS LNF, it remains my favorite right now, maybe because it arrives with at least four years of aging on it. It's sweet and mellow.
Maybe I can still find some of that Drexel.
$5.41 per pouch on clearance at P&C. Might be worth a try.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪