Taxes Are Coming

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Dr Uhaha

https://www.ada.org/en/publications/ada ... equity-act

So, you see above that they are pitching this as a measure to close a loophole on "tax avoidance," as if that is the only reason people vape, use smokeless tobacco, or smoke pipes.

I think the reasons why people use tobacco products other than cigarettes are a heck of a lot more complicated than simple tax avoidance, but they are right - this will disproportionately impact lower income Americans.

What a total effing racket.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The RYO loophole wasnt going to last forever . It's why I wouldn't buy from sites that carried It .
I mean , when you have cigarette tobacco ( cut slightly different ) and label it as pipe tobacco , in the long run you're screwing over the pipe tobacco customer because , instead of letting the loophole continue , theyl just tax pipe tobacco higher

It isn't a hard puzzle to figure

Hopefully it will take some time for them to accomplish so as to buy us time to get ready for it

There needs to be a blanket law that tax cannot supersede the actual market value of a product . But that will never happen
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:53 am The RYO loophole wasnt going to last forever . It's why I wouldn't buy from sites that carried It .
I mean , when you have cigarette tobacco ( cut slightly different ) and label it as pipe tobacco , in the long run you're screwing over the pipe tobacco customer because , instead of letting the loophole continue , theyl just tax pipe tobacco higher

It isn't a hard puzzle to figure

Hopefully it will take some time for them to accomplish so as to buy us time to get ready for it

There needs to be a blanket law that tax cannot supersede the actual market value of a product . But that will never happen
By my quick math, RYO will now be taxed at ~$24.62/lb, which would exceed actual market value.

Too bad they are gonna take down actual pipe tobacco blends with them.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

In some regard I can see where @Ruffinogold is coming from but on the other hand no
That being - I can smoke 4Aces Turkish blend in my pipe with just as much enjoyment as in a cigarette paper
Not that long ago Prince Albert was labeled as a crossover blend too (well it seems like forever ago)

Leveling the tax implications on various tobacco products is not fair and balanced as per they way they currently have it figured from what I have read this far
Because they are figuring the taxes on the finished product rather than the base weight of tobacco within the finished product - so in essence they are taxing more for water, casings and other finishing products that are in the final product

And too trying to lump in the vaping products that derive the nicotine from non-tobacco origin is not fair to be on the taxation playing field as well

Regardless of
and I’m not trying to be confrontational or nitpicking on this subject

We need to continue to keep this discussion upfront and stay vigilant on and of the issue at hand
Maybe by doing so we will get a slight window of opportunity to stockpile before this is passed into law
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

George W. Bush was confronted with this same tax idea . He basically said that he wouldnt go for it being smoking is on the decline . So , being that smoking is on the decline , and its reported that its mostly poor people that smoke , the left sees fit to increase tax on tobacco ... further frigging the poor and being self righteous believing that it will get more people to quit smoking ... like its any of their frigging business . But it is their business if the government " owns " healthcare , which is the lens they look out from.

All the things I enjoy ... tobacco , a little alcohol , shooting , hunting etc .. the left is out to gee willikers over

I wish we could split the nation , I truly do
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

rekamepip wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 am In some regard I can see where @Ruffinogold is coming from but on the other hand no
That being - I can smoke 4Aces Turkish blend in my pipe with just as much enjoyment as in a cigarette paper
Not that long ago Prince Albert was labeled as a crossover blend too (well it seems like forever ago)

Leveling the tax implications on various tobacco products is not fair and balanced as per they way they currently have it figured from what I have read this far
Because they are figuring the taxes on the finished product rather than the base weight of tobacco within the finished product - so in essence they are taxing more for water, casings and other finishing products that are in the final product

And too trying to lump in the vaping products that derive the nicotine from non-tobacco origin is not fair to be on the taxation playing field as well

Regardless of
and I’m not trying to be confrontational or nitpicking on this subject

We need to continue to keep this discussion upfront and stay vigilant on and of the issue at hand
Maybe by doing so we will get a slight window of opportunity to stockpile before this is passed into law
4 Aces Turkish is the best of all those products . I liked the Regular Red Cap too
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

When they pass the draconian taxes smuggling will be handed another tobacco windfall. Next you will not be able to legally grow it. Great shades of Prohibition and Eliot Ness. If I were a younger man I would apply for a job as machine gunner on a tobacco truck.