1Q moving across the pond?

pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before, but I’ve heard recently from my local B&M that there’s a shortage of 1Q right now due to production of it being moved to Europe. Not sure of the complete details or who purchased it, but has anyone else heard the same? It’s not something I smoke on a regular basis, but I do reach for the ole faithful aro classic every now and then. When blends change factories they often change in flavor so I’d hate to see it changed.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
kschatey

Didn't they close the last USA production facility year or two ago and it has been manufactured in Europe since then already?
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

kschatey wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:33 pm Didn't they close the last USA production facility year or two ago and it has been manufactured in Europe since then already?
Not sure. I do know that it’s on back order or out of stock everywhere I’ve looked. I’m not in a major hurry, just think the tobacco industry is strange with swapping hands of very classic blends.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I was aware that STG bought Lane but wasnt aware production moved . Their website doesnt mention origin of production . It been made in Decatur Georgia since the beginning . I hope it didnt move but it doesnt matter really
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:56 pm I was aware that STG bought Lane but wasnt aware production moved . Their website doesnt mention origin of production . It been made in Decatur Georgia since the beginning . I hope it didnt move but it doesnt matter really
Found an article talking about it. Plant in Georgia is closed. Moved to Denmark and the Dominican.

https://tobaccoreporter.com/2019/10/18/ ... 0from%2012.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Strange considering how much of that blend they sell, should be stockpiles of it. I recall cap black gold being similar if you're just looking for something to scratch an itch.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

1Q is the only blend that I know. I have never smoked it myself but I know it's room note because enough people smoke it.

If it is being blended in Europe vs. America---I have less trepidation than if they were making it in China. This does not make me happy but it doesn't trouble me. The European and American tobacco companies are already so entwined that there is no disentangling them at this point until it is WWIII, and, then, we would probably both still be on the same side.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Its a shame . I cant see them changing anything about their blends though . In this over critiquing society , if they changed anything , it would be suicide . I guess why not ship it overseas .. hell , Georgia is purple .. it might as well go to hell and lose its Lane tobacco production too
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.