Killer freak show blends

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:50 pm
simplepipes wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:43 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:58 pm I’ve come across my favorite killer blend now. It’s Epiphany by C&D.

I tried it originally because it was supposed to be so close to Revelation, that what’s supposed to be a favorite of Albert Einstein. Of course, being so close Einstein himself, intellectually, I was interested in it.

I was really surprised how much I like it. My wife likes the aroma and usually she care for anything with Latakia. A little bit of this a little bit of that a little fruit topping and viola, a killer, freak blend!

I see your point . . . intellectually that is . . . me a fancier of Virginias find nothing from C&D even remotely intellectually stimulating :)

-sp
Bam !! Post of the year .. :lol: :thumbs:
That hurts my feelings. lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
pokerhippo Tn

Grousemoor for me. It is like nothing else. I like Mixture 79 and I like most of the Gawaith Lakeland blends I have tried but Grousemoor is just different from them all.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

pokerhippo Tn wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:39 am Grousemoor for me. It is like nothing else. I like Mixture 79 and I like most of the Gawaith Lakeland blends I have tried but Grousemoor is just different from them all.
Always wanted to try that one
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

pokerhippo Tn wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:39 am Grousemoor for me. It is like nothing else. I like Mixture 79 and I like most of the Gawaith Lakeland blends I have tried but Grousemoor is just different from them all.
Im with ya . Back in the 90s I was at a pipe show sharing a table with R. Wiley . It was a fun show on the east coast of florida somewhere and I took a break to walk around and there was a booth with SG products . Id never had them before that and they had tins open for people to try . I figured to try one and Grousemoor was the one I chose and it kept me from try SG products for some years . Its a freakshow
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
pokerhippo Tn

Im with ya . Back in the 90s I was at a pipe show sharing a table with R. Wiley . It was a fun show on the east coast of florida somewhere and I took a break to walk around and there was a booth with SG products . Id never had them before that and they had tins open for people to try . I figured to try one and Grousemoor was the one I chose and it kept me from try SG products for some years . Its a freakshow

Yes maybe it is but its about perfect for me. Everyone t the shop is intrigued when I break it out and I"ve given away tons of it but few people come back.
Puff nstuff

I've been meaning to try Grousemoor myself; maybe I'll add it to the next order. Another one that has always piqued my curiosity is Dreams of Kadath. It's not full of flavorings as far as I know, but it does have an interesting sounding mix of tobaccos, and it's a plug. Has anybody here ever tried it?
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
HSigurdsson

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:09 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:36 am The only freak show blends I can think of are MacBaren Cube. I still have one of the Silver ones unopened.
And then WO Larsen in the blue tin.....I believe its called Signature blend. I had that years ago and liked it. Never bought another one but I did like it....for an atomatic.
Those are tyical Danish styled aromatics . They dont do well with me for the most part . The Danes and Germans are obsessed with using virginia in their aros .. like all or near all virginia , which is " bright " tasting and then they add bright flavoring . Theres just little bottom end or low note flavors and it is kinda feeakish . When the Danes do American style , they do pretty good . Think like Stokkebye bulk aros . Theyre American styled but more their flavorings and thats not so bad , as an examlple .

I love Peter heinrich Blands but only their natural blends . Their aros are so bright and hot that I just cant do them and they are freak shows to me

I gotta give them credit though . Each of the Danish makers have an all black cavendish derived from Virginia only and those are really nice . MB black Ambrosia is exceptional and its available in pound bags as well as a 100 gram tin .

@Piping Abe mentioned popping a tin this weekend . I may have to dig in my tin stash and pop a MB black Ambrosia
After all these years of piping and smoking hundreds of blends from sooo many makers, I always go back to MacB Virginia #1 as my all time favorite.
Also Symphony and Golden Extra, but Va#1 is my go to.
It gets bad reviews due to the tongue bite, but ive never really had an issue with it.
As far as the Danish aros, the three I just mentioned are about as far as I go. I would consider them more of a "crossover" than a true aromatic.
The fruity or flowery stuff isnt my cup of tea.
The Signature from WO Larsen and the Cube from MacB were the only of MANY true aros I liked ok. I would not buy them again, but they didn't taste like apple pie, cherries or flowers. :)
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:36 am The only freak show blends I can think of are MacBaren Cube. I still have one of the Silver ones unopened.
And then WO Larsen in the blue tin.....I believe its called Signature blend. I had that years ago and liked it. Never bought another one but I did like it....for an atomatic.
Those are tyical Danish styled aromatics . They dont do well with me for the most part . The Danes and Germans are obsessed with using virginia in their aros .. like all or near all virginia , which is " bright " tasting and then they add bright flavoring . Theres just little bottom end or low note flavors and it is kinda feeakish . When the Danes do American style , they do pretty good . Think like Stokkebye bulk aros . Theyre American styled but more their flavorings and thats not so bad , as an examlple .

I love Peter heinrich Blands but only their natural blends . Their aros are so bright and hot that I just cant do them and they are freak shows to me

I gotta give them credit though . Each of the Danish makers have an all black cavendish derived from Virginia only and those are really nice . MB black Ambrosia is exceptional and its available in pound bags as well as a 100 gram tin .

@Piping Abe mentioned popping a tin this weekend . I may have to dig in my tin stash and pop a MB black Ambrosia
After all these years of piping and smoking hundreds of blends from sooo many makers, I always go back to MacB Virginia #1 as my all time favorite.
It gets bad reviews due to the tongue bite, but ive never really had an issue with it.
As far as the Danish aros, the three I just mentioned are about as far as I go. I would consider them more of a "crossover" than a true aromatic.
The Signature from WO Larsen and the Cube from MacB were the only of MANY true aros I liked ok. I would not buy them again, but they didn't taste like apple pie, cherries or flowers. :)
Black Ambrosia is seriously not a gooper and done like no other blend Im aware of . Hell , @Piping Abe was impressed with it . Ill gladly shoot you a sample to try . Its one Id like to see others smoke so Im not the only one here talking about it . It essentially the MB Cavendish thats in many of there blends [ including Symphony , I believe ] , which is usually in smaller quantity . But this is mostly all the mb cavendish with a little bit of lighter and a mild fruit essence . The flavoring isnt alot . Its much less than cube and less than Larsen

PM me your addy so I can shoot you some . I have a feeling youd like it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

Black Ambrosia is seriously not a gooper and done like no other blend Im aware of . Hell , @Piping Abe was impressed with it . Ill gladly shoot you a sample to try . Its one Id like to see others smoke so Im not the only one here talking about it . It essentially the MB Cavendish thats in many of there blends [ including Symphony , I believe ] , which is usually in smaller quantity . But this is mostly all the mb cavendish with a little bit of lighter and a mild fruit essence . The flavoring isnt alot . Its much less than cube and less than Larsen

PM me your addy so I can shoot you some . I have a feeling youd like it
Its very good. And thick volumous clouds. I don’t know why but I want to say it’s Vakentine’s Day in a Pipe. But Black and not Red. It’s really well done. Doesn’t lose Flavor.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I have about 2 bowls left in my tin and enjoyed it as well!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering