Bitch , Moan , Cry and Groan ......

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I've made a point to have on hand the old and newer favorites. Not hoarding but just having , if that makes sense . I make them last . I know they're there and I have them when really in the mood for it and nothing else will do . Thankfully , other stuff will do most of the time . I'm pretty easy , but damn it , when I want the old Three Nuns ... It better be there
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
steamboat

When you find something you really like, just cellar is as hard as you can. McClelland, we had like 6 months notice, Dunhill was close to 2 years notice. There really is not much of an excuse, to get burnt on those blends, especially since they were widely available, and always in stock. Esoterica has been dropping religiously quarterly. There has been more Esoterica this year, then i have seen in the past 5 years.

What i consider getting burnt, was Peterson Irish Flake. There was zero warning, nothing on forums, just vanished.

At the end of the day, if you like something just buy as much as you can afford, its never going to be as cheap or available as it is today. This past yeas was the year of Not in Stock. Even 13 months ago all G&H, Sammy G, F&T (cut virginia plug, exception, McConnels (scotich cake, exception), Lancers and so many more were always in stock.
Mrm1775

I pray that Sam G is just getting adjusted to new packaging or something crazy like that. When it shows up you best snag it. It’s not that I try to hoard, but BBF & FVF are daily smokes for me(always have been and hopefully will continue) I have tried desperately to find a replacement if need be and I haven’t found one satisfying that craving yet. I have managed to acquire about 3 lbs of fvf and 250g bbf this time. I don’t stock many varieties at all, but try very hard to stock what I love. if it takes 6 months for it to show up again I’m gonna be in big trouble and it didn’t go over well when I told the wife I wanted to move to the UK :D
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

steamboat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:09 pm When you find something you really like, just cellar is as hard as you can. McClelland, we had like 6 months notice, Dunhill was close to 2 years notice. There really is not much of an excuse, to get burnt on those blends, especially since they were widely available, and always in stock. Esoterica has been dropping religiously quarterly. There has been more Esoterica this year, then i have seen in the past 5 years.

What i consider getting burnt, was Peterson Irish Flake. There was zero warning, nothing on forums, just vanished.

At the end of the day, if you like something just buy as much as you can afford, its never going to be as cheap or available as it is today. This past yeas was the year of Not in Stock. Even 13 months ago all G&H, Sammy G, F&T (cut virginia plug, exception, McConnels (scotich cake, exception), Lancers and so many more were always in stock.
With McClelland, I didn't realize there was a notice . I remember reading in the old psf that they called it quits .... and the next day it was all gone except for a few bulk aros
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I'll bitch, moan, cry and groan about not having enough money to cellar my favorite blends! :lol: When McClelland went out it was too late for me to get any that I loved... and I have none left, mores the pity. I don't even have a cellar going! I've one and a half tubs of PA and the equivalent of a tub of CB Dark at home and a few bowl fulls of some really old, (15 or more?), flake that I can't even remember the name of as I don't smoke it but once in a great while... and whatever burley flavored mess that's me "leavings" jar. If PA ever becomes unavailable I'll probably go stark, raving mad!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Preacher1611 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:08 pm I'll bitch, moan, cry and groan about not having enough money to cellar my favorite blends! :lol: When McClelland went out it was too late for me to get any that I loved... and I have none left, mores the pity. I don't even have a cellar going! I've one and a half tubs of PA and the equivalent of a tub of CB Dark at home and a few bowl fulls of some really old, (15 or more?), flake that I can't even remember the name of as I don't smoke it but once in a great while... and whatever burley flavored mess that's me "leavings" jar. If PA ever becomes unavailable I'll probably go stark, raving mad!
Smokers Pride Rich Taste my friend.. Try some.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:11 pm
Preacher1611 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:08 pm I'll bitch, moan, cry and groan about not having enough money to cellar my favorite blends! :lol: When McClelland went out it was too late for me to get any that I loved... and I have none left, mores the pity. I don't even have a cellar going! I've one and a half tubs of PA and the equivalent of a tub of CB Dark at home and a few bowl fulls of some really old, (15 or more?), flake that I can't even remember the name of as I don't smoke it but once in a great while... and whatever burley flavored mess that's me "leavings" jar. If PA ever becomes unavailable I'll probably go stark, raving mad!
I've written that down on me list of "I'll try that" and will try it. Thank you good sir!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Preacher1611 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 pm
I've written that down on me list of "I'll try that" and will try it. Thank you good sir!
It's so cheap and good, it's hard to justify the cost of PA. P&C is having a sale on all bags right now, and you can get a 6oz bag for $4.49 if you don't want to commit to a full pound.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:28 pm
Preacher1611 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 pm

It's so cheap and good, it's hard to justify the cost of PA. P&C is having a sale on all bags right now, and you can get a 6oz bag for $4.49 if you don't want to commit to a full pound.
I just saw that and was going to buy a bag today! lol
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I will second this SPRT recommendation. Double down and Low Country VaBur are good smokes for a guy who likes PA.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017