Bitch , Moan , Cry and Groan ......

arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:35 pm I'm going to go ahead and say it. After exploring the products coming out of the K&K house, mcclelland can't hold a candle to what they are doing
OK, I give up.

Who is K&K?

I googled, I TR'd, I SP'd.

I got nuthin
ever forward
9 Iron
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:18 pm
9 Iron wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:17 pm I’d give my left nut for a few tins of Blackwoods flake.
Yikes!
Hey, I’m old, I have no use for it. Not that anyone would want it....
9 Iron
Founding Member

arturo7 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:18 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:35 pm I'm going to go ahead and say it. After exploring the products coming out of the K&K house, mcclelland can't hold a candle to what they are doing
OK, I give up.

Who is K&K?

I got nuthin
arturo7 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:18 pm OK, I give up.

Who is K&K?

I got nuthin
Kohlhause and Kopp, Germany.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

[/quote]

[/quote]

Danke
ever forward
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

arturo7 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:22 pm
[/quote]

Danke
[/quote]

Sorry I probably shouldn't have assumed everyone would be familiar with the initials. But they are the blending house currently making the products for fribourg and Treyer, astleys, rattray's, wessex, solani, McConnell, etc etc
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ncrobb
Founding Member

Pike Place. I never even had a chance to buy any. A gentleman I met in Birmingham gave me about an ounce and said don’t get used to, they don’t sell it anymore. I was immediately in love. I’ve heard that Seattle Pipe Club has a crumble cake version of it out but I’m afraid it won’t be the same. That and the Mayor did me the same way with some vintage Three Nuns and Old Grandad. Both were good stuff. Or would that be “stuffs”? Grammar is not my strong point.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I may be one of the few that misses Granger in the pouch. It always tasted better than the tub to me.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:08 pm Pike Place. I never even had a chance to buy any. A gentleman I met in Birmingham gave me about an ounce and said don’t get used to, they don’t sell it anymore. I was immediately in love. I’ve heard that Seattle Pipe Club has a crumble cake version of it out but I’m afraid it won’t be the same. That and the Mayor did me the same way with some vintage Three Nuns and Old Grandad. Both were good stuff. Or would that be “stuffs”? Grammar is not my strong point.
The whole pike place thing confuses me. At the time it was available they could have easily just renamed it and put it right back on the market. They were only told to stop using the name I thought? Not sure but it seems like it would have been a simple solution so I would guess there was more to it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Middle Earth wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:27 pm There is a bright side to deep cellar method on your favorites.
I have McClelland blends up the wazoo.
And some other extinct blends.
Tobacco is a great investment which will keep getting better with age, and, all the while, becomes more valuable.
Had I only doubled on the Edgeworth Slices. That would be epic right now.
Yes . I have most all the blends I've loved that are gone... minus the London Dock . My wife scored a good amount of three nuns a few years ago andb8ll never thank her enough for pouncing on it . I have on e tin of Edgeworth sl8ces 5hst has been opened and jarred .... once in a while , I'll smoke a slice ... it's incredible
Nothing wrong with cellaring these days . Years ago I would have thought it silly .. but years ago there wasn't an issuse with getting something
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:08 pm Pike Place. I never even had a chance to buy any. A gentleman I met in Birmingham gave me about an ounce and said don’t get used to, they don’t sell it anymore. I was immediately in love. I’ve heard that Seattle Pipe Club has a crumble cake version of it out but I’m afraid it won’t be the same. That and the Mayor did me the same way with some vintage Three Nuns and Old Grandad. Both were good stuff. Or would that be “stuffs”? Grammar is not my strong point.
YOU ..... You are the bastid that turned me on to the McConnell Latakia flake .. lol . You said ... " Try this and tell me what you think " ...... within a minute I think I said ... this is an incredible blend ! Yeah , I had that blend once and it's stuck with me since ived seen you last
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.