Bitch , Moan , Cry and Groan ......

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Arkansas Paul wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:30 pm McClelland and their Ketchup blends I wasn't into . Their non ketchup Virginia's were great .
This is my main bitch, moan etc.
I never met a McClelland Virginia I didn't like.
I have 16 tins in the cellar, 6 of which are 100g tins. Not nearly enough.

Welcome.
I started. Coming around to their Ketchup blends . #24 was the non ketchup that " got me " .... but then the Tawny Flake , which was a ketchup just not brutal, just blew my mind . I have a little jarred , about half and oz , and 4 sealed tins ..... It needs to last till I'm near dead and I hope that is as good long while yet. The old testament mentions something of God limiting our years to 120 ..... I'd like to do 120 , I would . But 4 tins to last 67.5 years ..... its gonna be tuff , man
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'll also bitch about Kingfisher no longer being available. I've had 15-20 year old escudo, 15 year old hamburger beermaster, 8 year old Stonehaven, 8 year old tilbury and Dunbar, Edgeworth slices from the 60's and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The only one that's been neck and neck with kingfisher is the Edgeworth (because God loves burley smokers more) My friend very generously shared a bowl of it with me, and it was just one of "those smokes" that you hear about. Angels singing, skies opening up, the whole nine yards. I hate to use a term like amazing but it's the only thing I can think of to properly describe the smoke. How in the world do tobaccos like that just stop being made?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ncrobb
Founding Member

@ruffinogold , that’s my memory as well. I think you lit it and immediately swore me to secrecy. I keep my feelers out for another couple tins.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm @ruffinogold , that’s my memory as well. I think you lit it and immediately swore me to secrecy. I keep my feelers out for another couple tins.
You and Ruff were the ones who brought it to my attention but I missed out on the last couple of releases of it
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:04 pm I'll also bitch about Kingfisher no longer being available. I've had 15-20 year old escudo, 15 year old hamburger beermaster, 8 year old Stonehaven, 8 year old tilbury and Dunbar, Edgeworth slices from the 60's and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The only one that's been neck and neck with kingfisher is the Edgeworth (because God loves burley smokers more) My friend very generously shared a bowl of it with me, and it was just one of "those smokes" that you hear about. Angels singing, skies opening up, the whole nine yards. I hate to use a term like amazing but it's the only thing I can think of to properly describe the smoke. How in the world do tobaccos like that just stop being made?
Edgeworth Slices was THE blend . Currently , the closest thing is Wessex Burley Slice... It's damn fine and similar
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:04 pm I'll also bitch about Kingfisher no longer being available. I've had 15-20 year old escudo, 15 year old hamburger beermaster, 8 year old Stonehaven, 8 year old tilbury and Dunbar, Edgeworth slices from the 60's and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The only one that's been neck and neck with kingfisher is the Edgeworth (because God loves burley smokers more) My friend very generously shared a bowl of it with me, and it was just one of "those smokes" that you hear about. Angels singing, skies opening up, the whole nine yards. I hate to use a term like amazing but it's the only thing I can think of to properly describe the smoke. How in the world do tobaccos like that just stop being made?
Edgeworth Slices was THE blend . Currently , the closest thing is Wessex Burley Slice... It's damn fine and similar
Fine already, damn! I'm going to find some of these slices!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm
Oh I know. I have some older wbs that's even closer to Edgeworth
Arkansas Paul

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:48 am but then the Tawny Flake , which was a ketchup just not brutal, just blew my mind .
I actually have a sealed tin of Tawny Flake from '06.
I've never tried it.
"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
-Albert Einstein, 1950

"It has been my experience that those who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-Abe Lincoln
Mrm1775

I’ll join in. My fuss is the availability unavailability of good Virginias. If you love and crave Sam Gawith virginias or anything else by him- good luck. Aylesbury, F&T, Wessex just to name a few.
I know there are still others available, but trying to satisfy a taste or experience with something different hardly ever works. If you do find something that calms the beast- it all of a sudden plays hard to get.
I did recently receive a gift of fvf from a friend and I feel forever indebted to him for that.
Signing up on email alerts does me no good. I can only check a couple of times a day and when I do get the notice, the goods are long gone.
Mrm1775

The fussing must have worked, walked into my local b&m and SG BBF 250g was staring right at me. Only $1.19 more than ordering and shipping!!!