Sir Walter Raleigh and Sir walter Raleigh Aromatic

Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:40 pm SWRA is a treasure. I am glad you liked it!
SWRA is a treasure hiding in plain sight. What stops people from trying it? I dunno. As someone who has smoked pounds of SWRA and never grown bored with it, all I can think is that people don't mind missing what they haven't experienced.

Saps.

No, not really. Though ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it, ignorance, itself, is not a crime. In some ways, we live in a golden age of pipe smoking, which I'm not going to get into here. In other ways, we're in a pewter age: a mixture of copper, antimony, bismuth and lead. There is so much going on in the upper reaches of the pipe smoking world that the simple pleasures of a reliable daily liqueur-flavored smoke are neglected, forgotten, going the way of the dodo.

I'm biased, if you couldn't tell from earlier posts in this thread, but I don't get all broken up when other OTC blends go extinct or change. To me, they all taste pretty much the same (post all hate mail here, please). SWRA, on the other hand, is truly unique in the best way possible. It is unlike any other OTC and it is unlike any other aro. The only other OTC in this category of distinctive uniqueness, in my opinion, is M79, which is a discussion for another day. That said, SWRA exceeds M79 in every way measurable. 1.) it never rubs anyone's palate the wrong way, and 2.) it's aphrodisiac properties are not limited to Hugh Hefner's pipe. Every man is a playboy when he smokes SWRA. A man with a pipeful of SWRA is a friend to all without any threat of being hashtagged #MeToo.

Get the word out. Join the SWRA movement. Happiness will rule the land. If more people smoke SWRA in the upcoming months, I predict the North Korea/US summit will be a resounding success. Gentlemen, pack those pipes for world peace! The moon will be in the 7th house and Jupiter will be aligned with Mars. It'll be the Age of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. Let the sun shine in!

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Here here :buddy: we smoke SWRA for Peace !!!!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Peacock

Whalehead King wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:05 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:40 pm SWRA is a treasure. I am glad you liked it!
SWRA is a treasure hiding in plain sight. What stops people from trying it? I dunno. As someone who has smoked pounds of SWRA and never grown bored with it, all I can think is that people don't mind missing what they haven't experienced.

Saps.

No, not really. Though ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it, ignorance, itself, is not a crime. In some ways, we live in a golden age of pipe smoking, which I'm not going to get into here. In other ways, we're in a pewter age: a mixture of copper, antimony, bismuth and lead. There is so much going on in the upper reaches of the pipe smoking world that the simple pleasures of a reliable daily liqueur-flavored smoke are neglected, forgotten, going the way of the dodo.

I'm biased, if you couldn't tell from earlier posts in this thread, but I don't get all broken up when other OTC blends go extinct or change. To me, they all taste pretty much the same (post all hate mail here, please). SWRA, on the other hand, is truly unique in the best way possible. It is unlike any other OTC and it is unlike any other aro. The only other OTC in this category of distinctive uniqueness, in my opinion, is M79, which is a discussion for another day. That said, SWRA exceeds M79 in every way measurable. 1.) it never rubs anyone's palate the wrong way, and 2.) it's aphrodisiac properties are not limited to Hugh Hefner's pipe. Every man is a playboy when he smokes SWRA. A man with a pipeful of SWRA is a friend to all without any threat of being hashtagged #MeToo.

Get the word out. Join the SWRA movement. Happiness will rule the land. If more people smoke SWRA in the upcoming months, I predict the North Korea/US summit will be a resounding success. Gentlemen, pack those pipes for world peace! The moon will be in the 7th house and Jupiter will be aligned with Mars. It'll be the Age of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. Let the sun shine in!

I need to read more [mention]Whalehead King[/mention] posts, where are you?! You may be the Bill Walton of pipe tobacco - I haven't been this entertained by a tobacco review... ever! :buddy:
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

OfPipeAndPen wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:45 pm
I need to read more @Whalehead King posts, where are you?! You may be the Bill Walton of pipe tobacco - I haven't been this entertained by a tobacco review... ever! :buddy:
You should go over to the "Bad Pipe Poetry" thread. Some real gems over there :)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

I need to read more @Whalehead King posts, where are you?! You may be the Bill Walton of pipe tobacco - I haven't been this entertained by a tobacco review... ever! :buddy:
Seldom seen in the pipe-related threads, nowadays, this man of mystery tends to haunt the "Off Topic" forum but even then he isn't spotted as often as he used to be. Why? Rumors persist regarding his whereabouts and what missions he is undertaking. He pays these homespun conspiracy theories no mind. The facts are nobody's business but his own. ;)

Raconteur Extraordinaire, Machine Made Cigar Connoisseur Supreme, Professor Basket Pipe, SWR, Jr.-----, WK goes by many monikers as he spans the spectrum of his interests and shares his eclectic tastes and off-kilter options. With charity toward all and malice toward none, friend of the friendless, WK pops up when least expected like a lazy breeze on a fetid summer day. People ask bemusedly, "Where did that come from?" And, then, once again, he is gone.

Poet, scholar, hotelier, weaver of whimsy, and confabulator without peer, a flaneur by profession and a man-about-New Orleans, his life is more boring than yours. Close your eyes. Light a tightly packed bowl of M79 in a Medico pipe with a stinger. If you are lucky, WK will appear. If he doesn't, you'll still have a tasty smoke in your hand and on your palette.

A tip of my fedora your way, OPP. Like what you smoke and love what you like. I'm not naughty by nature but I like your initials. WK is down with you.

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Whalehead King wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Seldom seen in the pipe-related threads, nowadays, this man of mystery tends to haunt the "Off Topic" forum but even then he isn't spotted as often as he used to be. Why? Rumors persist regarding his whereabouts and what missions he is undertaking. He pays these homespun conspiracy theories no mind. The facts are nobody's business but his own. ;)

Raconteur Extraordinaire, Machine Made Cigar Connoisseur Supreme, Professor Basket Pipe, SWR, Jr.-----, WK goes by many monikers as he spans the spectrum of his interests and shares his eclectic tastes and off-kilter options. With charity toward all and malice toward none, friend of the friendless, WK pops up when least expected like a lazy breeze on a fetid summer day. People ask bemusedly, "Where did that come from?" And, then, once again, he is gone.

Poet, scholar, hotelier, weaver of whimsy, and confabulator without peer, a flaneur by profession and a man-about-New Orleans, his life is more boring than yours. Close your eyes. Light a tightly packed bowl of M79 in a Medico pipe with a stinger. If you are lucky, WK will appear. If he doesn't, you'll still have a tasty smoke in your hand and on your palette.

A tip of my fedora your way, OPP. Like what you smoke and love what you like. I'm not naughty by nature but I like your initials. WK is down with you.

OPP? Ontario Provincial Police? Eh? Whot?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 am
OfPipeAndPen is OPP in Nawlins-speak. You have to study up on the regional dialects.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Guess I'll add my two cents to this thread.

First, I think @Ruffinogold nailed it in his initial post. Both of these are very enjoyable smokes, but are as different as night and day.
Second, I keep both of these on hand in fair quantity...I don't want to run out of either. I smoke mostly burley forward blends, some fancier than others, like the Watch City stuff. But I've gotta say, you can't beat either SWR or SWRA for simple, full-flavored, go-to smokes. Usually, when I grow tired of trying to figure out what the more complicated blends are all about, I'll go back to keeping company with Sir Walter.
Third and finally, both get good reviews from Dear Sweetie, friends, and the neighbors, for "room note". SWR gets the "smells like my granpa's pipe" comment. SWRA gets the "I wanna climb into that bowl" comment.

Great stuff, both.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:00 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 am
OfPipeAndPen is OPP in Nawlins-speak. You have to study up on the regional dialects.
BwaHA! I guess I do! :lol:
Flyfish Falls

If you really like it, WVSmokeshop sells a 6 pack for $28.59. $29,25 at JR Cigars.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!