Sir Walter Raleigh and Sir walter Raleigh Aromatic

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I always say this in regards to any aromatic ....... if teh flavoring doesnt gell with you , it would be hopeless . If the flavouring is to your enjoyment , theres a damn good chance you will like SWRA
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

Welp just bought a pouch of SWRA from ingles. Dry as a bone. Worth it to try and rehydrate or write this one off as a loss?
Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:51 am
Preacher1611 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 am OK, OK! After Ruff's review I was ready to buy SWRA with my next Pipes & Cigars .com order... NOW, Whalehead King's two posts have basically caused me to absolutely HAVE to buy a pouch and try SWRA this payday. I've tried SWR and liked it but not the SWRA, so hopefully the B&M has it...
I am claiming you won't regret it.
That's a pretty forcefully expressed claim, there.

If Ruff and I haven't convinced anybody, well, the verdict is now decisively in, in four simple words (five syllables, total): "You won't regret it." BOOM!

You can't get any more succinct a recommendation than that. Fr. Tom knows that of which he speaks. Not to distract you too much from the message with an accompanying video, but I think we just witnessed a Mic Drop!!!

Of course, the mic drop we witnessed in favor os SWRA was more Fr. Tom-style than Asian boy band stylings. It was a bit more understated and more effective for that. A tip of my fedora to SWRA. A tip of my fedora to Fr. Tom.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I truly dig both SWR and SWRA. It's one of the few aro / semi aro blends that the wife and I both enjoy while I'm smoking it. I want to put a splash of deer tongue in with some SWR regular as soon as I open my next pouch. I think it could easily become a favorite
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:19 pm A tip of my fedora to Fr. Tom.
A tip of the Homburg to you as well...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Southern Appalachia wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm Welp just bought a pouch of SWRA from ingles. Dry as a bone. Worth it to try and rehydrate or write this one off as a loss?
Rehydrate . Its better if fresh from a good pouch butt rehydrating doesn’t ruin it , for sure . The tubs are always perfect ... I mean spot on perfection ... but no one want to " sample a tub " .... lol . I hate when I get a pouch thats crispy
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:59 pm
Southern Appalachia wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm Welp just bought a pouch of SWRA from ingles. Dry as a bone. Worth it to try and rehydrate or write this one off as a loss?
Rehydrate . Its better if fresh from a good pouch butt rehydrating doesn’t ruin it , for sure . The tubs are always perfect ... I mean spot on perfection ... but no one want to " sample a tub " .... lol . I hate when I get a pouch thats crispy
If I hadn't got a great deal on the pouches, I'd totally have grabbed a sample tub. I may not be right in the head
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

Going to call the rehydration a success
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

So... I didn't go to the B&M. I ended up doing a P&C order so's that I could get some other stuff as well. Bought a pouch of SWRA and I have to say... it was worth it! Fr_Tom was right; I do not regret it! I'll definitely be buying this again, possibly even a tub next time. Ordered on Thurs. 05/17 and it showed up by Mon. 05/21 Smoked the whole pouch last week while on vacation, finished the last bowl last night. I will remark that I smoked a bowl of Prince Albert after the last of the SWRA and dang it it was good! That little bit of ghosting made for a great smoke! (Didn't have the ghosting in any pipe I used except my no-name prince.) Great stuff, highly recommend!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

SWRA is a treasure. I am glad you liked it!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017