Peterson's Nightcap

Old Toby

This will be a quick review. Dunhill Nightcap (the STG version) was the first pipe tobacco I ever had, and it remains one of my favorites. I am convinced that Peterson's version is the same blend. It's excellent.

I have spoken.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Agreed on the Nightcap. I tested them under rigorous laboratory conditions: at my garage workbench. Same good stuff.
Old Toby

Likewise. My sterile cob and scientific methods were completely sound, and I reached my conclusions with statistical confidence.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Still being produced by stg. I'd hope it was the same
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Old Toby

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:02 am Still being produced by stg. I'd hope it was the same
Yup. I wouldn't be surprised if this first batch is old stock of the previous run. Either way, it's made by the same manufacturer and is the same stuff. A very welcome return!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

That's good news ! We are fortunate to have such scientific methods available as public service announcements here at PSF! :)

Damn , I just made an order a couple dsys ago and forgot to order their flake , which is fantastic . I'm Glad they're still producing
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Old Toby

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:14 am That's good news ! We are fortunate to have such scientific methods available as public service announcements here at PSF! :)

Damn , I just made an order a couple dsys ago and forgot to order their flake , which is fantastic . I'm Glad they're still producing
Yeah, I forgot to order some Flake on my last spree. I stocked up on Nightcap and MM965, though, so that should tide me over for a time.
Serenity

Wonderful to hear, is it available in bulk?
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Serenity wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:52 pm Wonderful to hear, is it available in bulk?
Just tins, unfortunately. Not likely to be available in bulk again I'd imagine
Whalehead King

Every day ends better with a bowl of Nightcap.