A run down on the MB 7 Seas line

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

IIve been smoking the 7 seas Red for a time and I really like it when in the mood for a cherry Cavendish , which could be any moment . Recently , like just the other day .Morse [ from the old site ] sent me a massive amount of 7 Seas blends .. I think all of them . I havent smoked all of them yet but I figure I'll start this thread and add to it after I've smoked each for a little bit . I'll start with what I know

7 Seas Red

First off , what’s fantastic about his blend is that it isnt over done in the flavouring . However , it isn’t like Middletons cherry , which doesn’t seem to have a flavouring , barely . Its in the middle . As you can see in the picture above , its brownish , gold and black Cavendish . If you’re familiar with the difference that Virginia Cavendish has in comparison to Burley Cavendish , then know that the Virginia Cavendish stands out
Another thing I enjoy about this blend is its mouth feel . I’m a mouth feel junkie to a point . If a blend has a thin mouth feel , it woud have to be stellar in many other ways for me to be even interested , to b honest . Its one of the main reasons I dont get along with C&D/H&H stuff . They " feel thin to me . A blend like McClellands Easy street was a thick mouth feel [ I loved it ] and this is in the middle . Its tough to describe mouth feel , at least for me , so its why I toss out other blends for comparison . A tthick mouth feel will seem to coat your mouth . A thin mouth feel is just smoke [ if tthat makes sense ] . The mouth feel in the 7 seas red may have something to do with the other flavour that’s in the blend [ the other than cherry flavour ] . I don’t know what it is , probably a little vanilla if I were to guess , but it has a creaminess to it and I'm sure that helps with the mouth feel .
The blend is not goopy and slightly moist . It lights well and smokes well . If spazzed on it wont bite , though the temp will raise a little . The aroma is really excellent

As far as the flavouring , again ..

iIf Middletons Cherry is a 1 and Lanes Very cherry is a 10 [ and boy is it . Its too much for me ] ...this is a 5 .

As far as ghosting , if you smoke a bowl of it .. one bowl wont ghost . But if you smoke 5 bowls in a pipe , it will start a ghost .. a lovely cherry vanilla [ ? ] ghost
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Next up will be the 7 Seas Gold . Ive been smoking it at work the last couple days
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I've been curious about Black and Royal
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

sisyphus wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:42 pm I've been curious about Black and Royal
I got them ! Ill start smoking the Royal on Friday . I'll smoke each for three days at work , I had 4 bowls of the Gold today and 6 yesterday . I'll smoke more of it tomorrow in a different pipe . I promise to smoke at least 12 bowls of each blend before commenting on them . `12 bowls isnt the end all be all but its enough for me to wrap my head around them , being they aren’t gonna be complex . I think I have the cavendish thing down a bit
9 Iron
Founding Member

I've smoked a couple pounds of the Black so far, it's one of very few aros I try to keep on hand. The black cavendish is from Virginia leaf, not Burley, and the top flavor is, to my palate, predominantly licorice with some other flavors like chocolate, vanilla and some sort of liquor playing in the background. When smoked moist it's sort of a stew of topping juice over thin tobacco, but if you let it get quite dry it becomes a very nice subtle smoke with the tobacco flavor really coming forward and the added flavors taking a back seat. I have a Falcon stem and a pair of bowls dedicated to this stuff and always have some at the ready. Room note is clean and amiable, good aftertaste, far better than any other Mac Baren aromatic I've ever smoked.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

sisyphus wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:42 pm I've been curious about Black and Royal

I went through a tin of the Royal a couple of months ago. It's pretty good, I will definitely be picking up more in the future.
Whalehead King

I like the Black. I went through three tins of it and I'd order three more tins but I'm slowly thinning out my cellar.

I like the Red, too. Not too cherry.

I know 7 Seas is Mac Baren's answer to Capt. Black. I find 7 Seas superior. I'm not knocking the Captain, but the blend is more, oh, I don't know, subtle and sophisticated (?) than Capt. Black. It's more balanced.

I can't figure out why they haven't come out with a 7 Seas Purple. I'd try that in a minute.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Seven Seas Gold ..

This is actually an intriguing blend for me . Ive been smoking it for most of the work week . I was gonna start the Royal today but didnt because the Gold is rather unique in a not unique way ... let me explain .

Its an intriguing blend because it is lighter in flavouring than the Red is . The flavouring itself ... heck , I couldn’t tell you but it's the " regular " type Cavendish styled flavouring .. but hers the thing ... it's less flavouring that I would have expected , it's quite light .... and it's got a " regular tobacco flavour " in the back ground . It's lightness and lack of flavouring is kind of appealing in that , if someone wasnt " big " on aromatics , it would be one I might recommend . It isnt a non aromatic by any means and if you were to compare it to say .. SP Rich Taste or whatever its called ... its more flavoring than that [ and a better flavoring too ] but the way SP Rich taste retains some " regular tobacco " flavor , this blend retains a bit of it too , though its a better regular tobacco flavour ......................... lol , I must have used the word flavour 20 times already

In a way , its a bit boring to me , just a bit , but I like a Cavendish with more flavouring ... like about the level of 7 seas red or MB black Ambrosia . But I could see someone who was more sensitive about flavouring to be right on par with this blend . The aroma is richer than the smoke is , which is cool as heck

Again , these arent really reviews as much as a " Run Down " .. Im surprised , pleasantly , that I'll need more time to really peg this blend ! Its very unassuming and unique because of it

Of course , it smoke cool and no bite . Its a blend I'd have to relight sometimes . I think I only smoked a few without relights but that could b because I'm working and sometimes I forget tio smoke and teh pipe is just there in my mouth . But , I couldnt see this blend biting anyone ... it would be difficult to get it to , Id imagine
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whalehead King wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:45 pm I like the Black. I went through three tins of it and I'd order three more tins but I'm slowly thinning out my cellar.

I like the Red, too. Not too cherry.

I know 7 Seas is Mac Baren's answer to Capt. Black. I find 7 Seas superior. I'm not knocking the Captain, but the blend is more, oh, I don't know, subtle and sophisticated (?) than Capt. Black. It's more balanced.

I can't figure out why they haven't come out with a 7 Seas Purple. I'd try that in a minute.
Purple could have a plum flavouring :)
Legion

That's a handy review Ruff. I've got a 100g tin of 7 Seas Red on the way. Sounds nice.

I also ordered a 100g tin of 7 Seas Royal Blend. Both sounded rather tasty.