2 Daughters Windsail (+ Buttered Rum)

Legion

As a trial run to see if it was possible to sneak some baccy past 'the man', I chose Windsail basically because I figured as a straight flue-cured virginia, it would be a good blending tobacco at an amazing price; just $20USD for 16oz.

It's actually quite a nice smoke on it's own. It's quite dry so it blends great with moist aromatics.
Although it's on the dry side, adding moisture doesn't work. Adding 10% of either Erinmore or Dr Pat Irish mixture or Borkum Riff Whiskey, helped it's burn rate tremendously.

The Buttered Rum is a little too aromatic & moist for my liking (But still, it is a lovely aromatic on it's own)
Mixing the Buttered Rum 60/40 with the Windsail has produced a very satisfying mix. It's so nice that I've been puffing away all day using my new MM Diplomat.

If you're looking for an uncomplicated flue-cured virginia, you could do a lot worse than Windsail. I'll be ordering more for sure.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I "cut" things that are too aromatic for me all the time. Smoker's Pride Rich Taste gets the nod for this most frequently. I should try Windsail at some point. Did you get the "silver."
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Legion

No, it's in a gold trimmed bag. There's little descriptive variation between the 2 gold trimmed bags (On the 4noggins ordering page it's the 2nd one)
It's described on the order form simply as 'Windsail 16oz'.

From reviews read, some are using the silver for RYO cigs.