Strong Nicotine Good Flavor

Rusticated

I've tried Royal Yacht but wasn't THAT impressed with the "flavor" but the nic hit definitely satisfied that occasional craving. I'm interested in the choices of those more seasoned than I regarding tobaccos that you consider to have a strong nicotine content with great flavor...thanks!
Rusticated

How about Old Joe Krantz?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Yep, OJK is a good one and so is another C&D tobacco, Big-n-Burley. Pretty strong nicotine wise.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:40 pm Yep, OJK is a good one and so is another C&D tobacco, Big-n-Burley. Pretty strong nicotine wise.
I am a big fan of these two. In terms of the flavor, it depends on what you like. I like Orientals and perique. I am a fan of DFK. You find combinations of these that are quite good. Picayune is smoke I like. The various ropes are a little strong in the nicotine dept. for some people but very tasty. ODF is great smoke you might like to try. Kendal Kentucky is very good.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
slowroll
Founding Member

I have to agree with Fr_Tom. I conclude that HH ODF and Kendal Kentucky are pretty heavy in nicotine to go with their flavor because I don't feel like smoking for a while after I smoke them. Kendal Kentucky and Kendal Dark are find tasting tobaccos but their shag cut makes them burn like a hay rick hit by lightning.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Kendal Kentucky is a nice blend, 3P's is tasty with a touch of nic, Ennerdale and Coniston both have a decent bit of it too. Ropes and twists are always good for nicotine.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Low Country Natural Virginia and Burley is in this camp too. "Tasty and strong all day long" ...I should write jingles! :king:
LCMFT
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

What? No Five Brothers fans out there? That stuff makes my socks roll up and down. +1 on @Kevin Keith's Low Country. I like the flavor of that way better than 5 Bros, too.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

5 Brothers is good, and I should have thought of that one.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Rusticated

Thanks all for your input! I think the best way forward is to buy tins or samples (no 5 pounders :-) and try 'em all...I've got some shopping to do!