Ennerdale

Chef Benny
Codger in Training

~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Chef Benny wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:38 am Image
:lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Chef Benny wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:38 am Image
:clap:
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Silver
Certified Codger

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:05 pm Talk to me about this underwater water grandmas draws flavor. I’m disgusted and intrigued all at the same time. Lol
I couldn't get past Grousemoor, so I never tried the more strongly scented blends.
kschatey

Silver wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 am
Jlando19 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:05 pm Talk to me about this underwater water grandmas draws flavor. I’m disgusted and intrigued all at the same time. Lol
I couldn't get past Grousemoor, so I never tried the more strongly scented blends.
Grousemoor is still one that I have yet to get my hands on to try. I'm sure I'd love it though!
Woodrow1953

Don’t want to hijack the thread ….. I was wondering how much the GL Pease blend “Stonehenge” compares with its essence. Seems to be fairly popular.
Bill Wood
Melfort, Sk, Canada
Non profit web developer
Retired broadcaster

Stanwell / Brigham / Peterson
Silver
Certified Codger

Barely there, as far as my taste buds go. I like Stonehenge and Bob's Chocolate. Bob's has a little more, and adds a little complexity, IMHO. I can't handle the essence in larger amounts than that.
Dr Watson

Those who like it really love it. Those who don't, can't stand it. I'm part of those who really love it, from the first pipeful I've had 10 years ago. I'm glad I stashed up. Not enough to my liking, but still, it could have been much worse.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.'. Frank Zappa.
Puff nstuff

I would like to learn more about the history of pipe tobacco manufacturing in Great Britain. The marketing language of Gawith products often mentions they are made for those with an appreciation for the flavors of 'traditional British tobaccos.' It is said that GH have been using the same equipment, techniques and flavorings for the past couple hundred years, and those flavorings are natural essences, extracts, and oils from plants and seeds, most (if not all) of which are also associated with apothecary and personal hygiene products popular in Georgian and Victorian times. I wonder how much interplay there was between the two industries, if they competed for resources or developed any synergies. I wonder how many other manufacturers made similar products to those which we now call Lakelands. There are vestiges still of fruity/flowery offerings from other houses (St. Bruno, Erinmore, Hyde Park, etc.), but what else was available in Britain back in the day? How many other blends (or perhaps even entire styles!) have been lost to the passage of time? 🤔
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Woodrow1953 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:12 am Don’t want to hijack the thread …..
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!