Judiciously applied glue

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:22 am
Preacher1611 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:47 am So, superglue on a meer? Never heard that before. Question, I bought this meer on ebay that's a good 14" long and kinda heavy; it cracked in the same place twice, I think do to the way I was holding it so I changed the way I was holding it when I smoked and it hasn't cracked further: is there a trick to using superglue or do you just put it on the crack?
I just squeeze it in the crack and let it go off before I try to smoke it. There may be someone with a better procedure.

Cool, I'll do some research around the interwebs and see what others do. I never thought much about fixing meers before this one cracked. I'll even start a thread on Monday with pics of the crack and see what some here think. What the heck, right?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:36 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:06 pm Hey, Tom, have you ever tried had an African meer? Durable stuff, I actually prefer them.
I have one - a Peterson Dublin.

I like the look of those meers with the preburnished tops. Of course, it's just an assumption on my part that you didn't smoke it to thatpoint but I've seen them sold that way. The one I bought in Abilene in 1981 was like that but it was smooth Turkish and not African. I like it.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:30 am It was time for some maintenance this morning.

The cracks on the Medico meer are speading, so I applied some superglue. The cracks are hard to see in the picture, but this bowl has just had them spring up all over.

Here are before and after pictures of the bored-out MMMT. Elmer's was the glue of choice here.

Image Image
Tom, just wondering, is the Medico meer still puffing along or is it resting in pieces?
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Wildcat wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:26 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:30 am It was time for some maintenance this morning.

The cracks on the Medico meer are speading, so I applied some superglue. The cracks are hard to see in the picture, but this bowl has just had them spring up all over.

Here are before and after pictures of the bored-out MMMT. Elmer's was the glue of choice here.

Image Image
Tom, just wondering, is the Medico meer still puffing along or is it resting in pieces?
Still smoking like an industrial chimney. In the interests of full disclosure, this gets smoked hard during Meer Madness and mostly rested the rest of the time. It is totally serviceable though.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017