Resident Dr. Grabow Restoration Expert

simplepipes
Codger in Training

I picked up a nice smaller Line Carved Westbrook Pot.

The pipe is substantially oxidized, stem out of alignment and with what appears to be a paint stain on the bowl.

This one is out of my league but a nice little pipe I would like to put in service.

Your thoughts and recommendations please.

Thank you . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

@Thelonious monkfish has the expertise in this area! Great pipe and congrats!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

simplepipes wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:03 am I picked up a nice smaller Line Carved Westbrook Pot.

The pipe is substantially oxidized, stem out of alignment and with what appears to be a paint stain on the bowl.

This one is out of my league but a nice little pipe I would like to put in service.

Your thoughts and recommendations please.

Thank you . . .

-sp
Whoohoo! Great choice...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Wonderful pipe, should be no problem getting back in service. I actually have a bunch of Westbrooks from a lot years back, all line carved and a few came with oxidized stems and paint on the bowl. I'll be back in a couple weeks if you're looking for someone to tackle it. Still need to finish one up for Benny but it's almost done and nothing on the list after.
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:07 pm Wonderful pipe, should be no problem getting back in service. I actually have a bunch of Westbrooks from a lot years back, all line carved and a few came with oxidized stems and paint on the bowl. I'll be back in a couple weeks if you're looking for someone to tackle it. Still need to finish one up for Benny but it's almost done and nothing on the list after.
Sounds like a plan . . . please give me a heads up when you are ready.

Thank you.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

simplepipes wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:35 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:07 pm Wonderful pipe, should be no problem getting back in service. I actually have a bunch of Westbrooks from a lot years back, all line carved and a few came with oxidized stems and paint on the bowl. I'll be back in a couple weeks if you're looking for someone to tackle it. Still need to finish one up for Benny but it's almost done and nothing on the list after.
Sounds like a plan . . . please give me a heads up when you are ready.

Thank you.

-sp
Great people make a great forum, and y'all are great! I'm happy to be associated with such a group. :thumbs:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
simplepipes
Codger in Training

I normally do not sign in during the day from my office . . . I need a diversion for a few minutes from reading contract documents.

I started to play with the DG Westbrook last evening and was pleased with what I was able to do. I was successful in removing near all the paint that had been spilled on the pipe; fixed the stem alignment; removed the chips from the bowl rim and removed near all the stem oxidation.

Looking at old DG Shape Charts I am not certain this is a Pot or Slim Billiard. Regardless it is a nice pipe that was likely smoked very little but spent most of its life in the sun.

-sp
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I'm back, sort of... and need to finish something for Benny, then I'll be freed up. We'll sort out what shape it is and get this Grabow back in service.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:38 pm I'm back, sort of... and need to finish something for Benny, then I'll be freed up. We'll sort out what shape it is and get this Grabow back in service.
Ya know when you send me that thing .. I'm gonna send ya like 20 more pipes! 😆 🤣 😂
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Picture ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.